Prologue

Luke's POV:

It was horrible. I thought it all would be easier with the time, but now I know I would never get over her. My girlfriend was dead.

Murderd.

Today was her funeral. I got dressed; I took the black duxedo from my dad. We didn't speak mch. He knew I was hurt, knew it weren't words I needed. It was her. The last few weeks were so crazy, but beautiful. And then it all just... ended.

There were many people at her funeral. So many I didn't recognise. Probaby her family. One of the older ladies with those outcried eyes came up to me and said: "You must be Pias boyfriend." I just nodded. She put her hand on my shoulder. "I am so sorry about what happend. You really loved her, didn't you?" That was true. I loved her so much, that it hurt. Now I had to force myself not to cry. I told myself to be strong, to get through this and cry when I'm alone. But this made it even worse to stay together.

As the ceremony began, her coffin was open. Her eyes closed, of course. I realise that I would never see her wonderful brown eyes again.Now the tears welled up. I took a deep breath. Her hair laid on her shoulders and she wore a white dress. She would never liked that dress. I saw her mother standing in the frontline. Crying. Maybe I should have calmed her. But I could't. Not without letting all the feelings in I pushed away the last few days. It would wreck my to let that happen.

The priest talked almost half of an hour until we had to step forward. When it was my turn, I went to her. I laid my hand on her cheek. It was cold.

"I love you, Pia!", I said, knowing that she never heard that sentence from my mouth. I wanted to go back, drive home and cry in silence, but suddenly I saw something that took my breath.

It almost seemed like she was moving.