PART TWO: Nightmare (악몽)

6 months later

Nari didn't know where she was or what was happening.....all she could feel was pain. Tears dripped down her cheeks as she tried to move, but something strong was holding her down. Something strong and something terrifying. It was getting hard to breathe now but the girl knew that she wouldn't be able to scream. Even if she could cry out for help, she knew that no one would come. She couldn't do anything except lie there and take it.

Suddenly a loud voice boomed from somewhere very close. Her body burned with more intensity than ever before, like every cell was on fire. Nari wanted to run, she wanted to fight back and yell and kick and bite and do whatever she could to get out, but it was impossible. She was useless.

And so for the third time this week Nari woke up screaming.

"Hey! Hey! What's going on?" The door to the girl's bedroom flew open, flooding the room with light from the hallway, "Nari?"

"Tae," She whimpered, "Please."

Taehyung swiftly made his way over to the bed and gathered the girl up in his arms, "Shhh, it's okay princess. Everything is okay." He kissed her head and gently rocked her back and forth as she cried. "Was it another nightmare?"

Nari nodded, "Y-Yeah."

"You're okay. It was just a dream, princess. You're safe now, I've got you."

A sudden wave of nausea flooded the girl's body. She knew what was coming next and she hated it so so much.

"Sorry," Nari apologized and shoved herself out of the boy's embrace, "I need to go."

She stumbled her way to the bathroom and barely made it in time. Maybe eating dark chocolate ice cream before bed wasn't such a great idea. Nari cringed at herself in the dim lighting, throwing up always made her feel so disgusting.

"Hey there," A familiar voice soothed her ears as gentle hands rubbed her back, "Everything okay, darling?"

Nari shook her head, "No. Not at all." She turned around, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, there's nothing to be sorry about." Namjoon reassured her, "Taehyung is going to get you something to settle your stomach and then maybe we can talk about it, okay?"

"Okay." The girl nodded weakly.

Taehyung reappeared in the doorway with a bright red twin popsicle. He split it into halves and handed the girl one of them, sticking the other half in his mouth, "Here you go, princess."

Nari mumbled words of gratitude and accepted the cold food. She stood up and gripped Namjoon's hand as she struggled to maintain her balance for a few seconds.

"Okay. Let's go."

Namjoon squeezed her hand and kissed the top of her head, "Don't worry, Nari. Everything will be okay."

The trio went back to the room that the boys shared. Nari immediately went to the older boy's bed and pulled the blankets around her, taking a deep breath to slow her pounding heart. Taehyung sat beside the girl and placed a supportive arm around her shoulders. Namjoon knelt down so he was at her eye level and held both of her hands.

"Alright darling," He said gently, "You know that we care about you very much, right? That we love you with all our hearts and we never want anything to hurt you?"

"Yes."

"These nightmares are hurting you, Nari, but they hurt us too. We don't want to see you in pain because of them." Taehyung reminded her, "I love you so much, princess, and Namjoon does too; maybe even more than me. Please let us help you, Nari."