𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡 𝟞:ʏᴏᴜɴɢ, ᴅᴜᴍʙ ᴀɴᴅ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇ

Bianca's POV:

"Hey Bianca!' a random boy called out from the end of the hall.

"Hey bee!" a freshman toad smiled at me.

I had no idea why people were suddenly being so nice and actually acknowledging my presence 

"Um, hey!" i awkwardly raised my hand and waved, not minding the attention one bit. 

"Maybe this is my time to be the shining star of the school," was the thought that crossed my mind before i saw Jenna, the leader of the cheer leading team walk up to me and any hope for popularity fell down the drain.

"Hey Bianca bub!" Jenna called out in a sickeningly shrill voice as she draped a slim hand around my neck. I didn't even bother replying, having close to zero respect for Jenna.

"No hi back?" she mustered in a fake concerned voice.

"What do you want Jenna," i hiss back.

This tone is enough to make her remove the arm she had slung around me," Well, i just wanted to tell you that i'm having a party at my house today and you should come."

If i wasn't already shocked that the world's most popular girl was standing besides me, i chocked on the air in the room when she asked me to the party. Of course, i kept my composure together.

"And why in my entire life will i ever be interested in coming to those sloppy high school parties?" I reply, uninterested.

"Oh thats a good questions," the arm was around me again," You see him?" Jenna points towards Josh, a guy from the football team.

"Um josh? Yeah," I reply, my pulse picking up.

"Well, he's interested in you so..." Jenna stared at her manicure as she chewed her gum.

"Wh-what," I managed, unable to keep the utter shock out of my voice.

"Ha! Finally got a reaction out of you!" Jenna beamed at me,"And you heard me right, he's interested in you. So....party?" 

I look at Josh who's passing me a pearly grin,"I'll think about it."

Jenna shrugs before walking away, clinking and clocking on her heels.

As the bell goes of i catch my pace to the chemistry lab, where of course by the chance of universe, i'm partners with cole. 

'Hey," I say breathless and i dump my bag on the chair and sit next to him,"Are you joking? Miss. Fruina isn't here? Damn, i ran all the way here thinking i'm getting late-"

"Away," he barely whispers.

A shiver runs down my spine,"Huh?"

"6 feet apart," he pulls his hood closer and i try to not feel all eyes on us as i move a few inches away.

"Do you wanna go to Jenna's house with me?" the words pour out of my house before i can stop them. A shocked silence takes over.

"Dont," cole starts shaking his head a little too vigorously.

"You mean no?" I blush.

"I mean dont, dont go," Cole's eyes laced with sudden panic get locked with mine.

"Um, why."

"You'll regret it, dont-" I interrupt him.

"I'm going and you're going too. Pick me at 7 from my home, you have my car incase you forgot. Dont argue," I add as the teacher walks in the room, silencing the pupils.

For the next, 120 minutes i ignore Cole's popping eyes and focus on the lesson and as soon as the bell goes off, i run away at the speed of lightning, taking any chances Cole had to run away.

--------------------------------------------------------------

*ten hours later*

And the biggest clown award goes too: me !!

Despite never getting an assured 'yes' from Cole, i still made the effort to dress up in a mustard yellow shirt with a pleated black skirt, laced black socks and my converse with my hair pulled back in a usual ponytail. 

"Maybe I should get a jacket," i thought as the chilly air made goosebumps rise on my bare legs but the thought of having to walk back in the house from my porch alone made me ignore the aching cold. 

Five minutes passed by.

Ten minutes past seven.

Three more minutes.

Seven fifteen.

I was about to give up and go back inside when i saw my small car appear from the corner of the abandoned street, the two headlights shining like parallel stars in a dark milky way. 

"About time!" I call out as Cole pulls up.

"Sorry! I got held up! Get in the car!" he calls out from the rolled down window.

"Why'd you get held up? Didn't try to back out, did ya?" I ask as i shut the car door.

"You wish," he passes me an unusual smirk," Nope just took time to convince my parents."

I look away,"Because you're going with me?" I ask silently.

"No idiot, because i'm going to a high school party where children get drunk and fuck," he lets out a snort and i can't help but chuckle, " I got the entire dont-do-drugs talk and it took a lot to stop the urge of reminding my parents that i do more drugs on a daily basis then most of the teengers out there, thank you cystic bitch for that-"

"Are you okay?" I ask.

His eyes move from the road to me as he accelerates,"Better than okay, why?"

"Nothing," i smile as the car catches speed and pretend not to notice how Cole's suddenly talking so much.

"You look good," he suddenly says and passes me a small smile.

I hide my blush with a lock of hair, "You dont look that bad yourself." 

He's dressed in his usual black outfit with his shaggy hair falling on his face.

"What's with the good mood?" I ask and get a shrug in response.

"Dont know to be honest. Just feel normal you know?" He looks at me," Been a while since i felt normal," he whispers the last part.

"We're just dumb teenagers going to a dumb party. Damn," the normality of that sentence scares even me as i say it.

"Lets get this party started baby!" Cole suddenly yells smiling like an idiot as he plays one direction on the radio.

We might feel old but the night was still young.