( 𝕤𝕦𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕣 )

ii - summer (brockhampton)

the second richie tozier steps foot in the familiar, snug and welcoming cabin across the street from his all-time favorite pancake restaurant, he sets his luggage down in the corner of his respectable bedroom. his room is just as big as his father's, and if a middle-class citizen just happened to walk in here, they would be absolutely amazed at how cool the entire cabin is.

the lanky boy collapses on the bed and lets his feet hang off the end, never even bothering to kick his shoes off as he takes in the pine-like aroma of the freshly-washed sheets, sighing dreamily into them with his eyes closed and his face smooshed into the comforter.

sometimes richie wishes he could just live and thrive in paris and never have to set foot in new york again. it's so crowded back where he lives, and the people are dicks and he has to take a cab wherever he wants to go because there's practically no room in the streets for any cars that aren't taxis or buses. france is so calming, to him, at least. he enjoys staying here during the summer so much that he has way too much fun and ends up dreading going home on the last day, even though he has a nice, fancy house and, like, three cars and his very own music studio in his bedroom. he guesses it's just nice to have a break from everything, to find somebody here in paris (it is the city of love, he always says) and hook up with them for a month and a half and then go back home and never speak another word to them. getting into a relationship and having to leave them until the next summer would be way too difficult for him.

speaking of relationships and meeting people here, he starts to think about the pretty boy he had met on the plane, how sweet he was despite the downright snobbiness he'd inherited from his parents and just how absolutely adorable he was. even his name gives richie's heart a jolt.

he's thinking about that eddie kid when all of a sudden his phone rings from his back pocket, and he draws himself out of his daydreaming so he can grab it and see what's making so much noise. there's automatically a smile creeping up, pulling on his lips when he sees that said eddie has texted him from the number he'd given him as soon as they'd gotten off the plane and he had declined richie's offer to come see his cabin for a bit ("no thanks, i'd love to, but i have to unpack and my momma's gonna kill me if i run off without telling her!" a mommy's boy, richie finds himself chuckling at later when he's still thinking of him, who would've known.)

213-560-0978: hey bitch it's eddie
- you stole my fuckin airpods dude

richie physically cannot breathe as he slips carefully off the comfy bed and snatches his backpack from where he'd previously placed it, checking the front and side pockets with his eyebrows furrowed. he's literally never accidentally taken something like this before, pay attention to the word accidentally, and of course it happens with the cute boy he'd just spent hours sitting next to and chatting about life details neither of them needed to know about each other.

he slips the airpods out of the last pocket he checks and picks up his phone off the floor before entering his contact information and texting him back. 'fuck my bad. send me the addy 2 ur mansion so i can come give em 2 u,' he replies, already scurrying to get his shoes back on.

eddie: please don't tell me that's actually how you text.
- fyi, i don't own a mansion here. stfu

'my bad x2! can i get ur address tho?'

as he's rushing out of the house with only his phone and eddie's airpods in his hands, hopping quickly on his blue vintage bike that he's owned for years and is starting to get a little too big for, his phone beeps again.

eddie sent his location @ 6784 rue des cloys st n.

-

6784 rue des cloys st. north is most definitely the place richie would've expected eddie to be staying at while he's here for summer vacation. that boy was definitely bullshitting when he told him he didn't have a mansion here, this place is huge. just the suburban-type white picket fence is enough to put off the impression that this isn't just some random person's house.

he pushes through the already-opened gate and walks with his head down as he tries not to look too much at how spectacular this place is. he thought he had a nice place to stay - look at this!

before he can make it to the front door, which is paneled with white wood and has a big window right in the middle of it, stained glass so you can't see directly inside but you can still see the shadows of people if they decide to come to the door on either end, he can hear light footsteps along the grassy stone pattern of the trail leading up to the house. he perks his head up upon hearing the noise and eddie is running toward him, holding something in his left hand and attempting to make it to him as fast as possible, he doesn't know why.

standing in front of him now, eddie tries to catch his breath, and it's only now that richie realizes how small he is. not that he's totally short or anything, but he has a few inches to catch up to him and he's somehow lankier than richie himself. he holds his hand out when he finally regains his normal composure and richie looks down at it to see a twenty dollar bill pointing at his chest. "sorry," the brunet across from him exhales. his breath smells like bubblegum, probably what he'd been chewing and chewing and getting new pieces to stick in his mouth while they were on the plane together. "i don't want my parents to see you, otherwise they're gonna invite you to dinner and won't leave you alone," there's an exasperated gesture of his hand toward richie, motioning for him to grab the money and scaddadle. "this is for coming all the way over here just to give me my airpods. speaking of, where are they?" he asks, looking up at richie with his eyebrows drawn together.

the raven-haired boy reaches into his back pocket and takes eddie's belongings out, handing it over to him in exchange for the money that he doesn't really want to take from him. "maybe don't leave your shit in my backpack," he retorts, but his lips are starting to pick up a little and if they do any more, he's going to be really smiling. he slips the money away where he'll remember it and then turns to leave, but not before he hears eddie muttering something mean at him, which doesn't even make sense because he literally texts richie later that night asking if they can hang out at his cabin tomorrow. if richie was a jerk, he would've shut down his offer just like eddie did earlier that day, but he isn't. at least, not as big of a jerk as eddie kaspbrak. he thinks about him his entire bike ride home, though, almost crashes and gets hit by someone's truck, and while they continue to text all throughout the night, forgetting that sleep is something you need in life and your phone isn't.

-

ok so i made a playlist for this it basically has to do with every chapter title being a song title if that makes sense

ill post the songs in the information chapter of this book and add more as i add chapters! thank u for reading and pls comment and let me know what you thought!