0.3

Most of the other Cang Qiong peak lords still looked at Shen Qingqiu and Shang Qinghua's husbands a little weirdly. The two demons were rarely seen by many people, especially Mobei-Jun, who did not like to stray too far from the comfortable cold climate of the Northern territory. So when they were seen with their respective peak lord husbands, they tended to be a bit... territorial, especially Mobei-Jun, or, in Binghe's case, clingy, when seen by bystanders who both know and don't know of their relationships.

That's why, Shen Qingqiu took great amusement in the reactions of each of the peak lords when they walked in to their hall and saw Yue Qingyuan standing next to Shen Qingqiu, who had Luo Binghe standing behind him, resting his chin atop of his left shoulder and arms wrapped around his waist, watching his shishu and his shigu as they entered. Next they saw Shang Qinghua standing next to Shen Qingqiu with Mobei-Jun standing behind him, the ice demon glaring at anyone who came in and looked at them weirdly (aka, all of them).

It took a while before the ever oblivious Shang Qinghua noticed his husband's murderous glare directed at his shixiong, shidi and shimei. He snickered inwardly, feeling more than a little satisfied with himself and sweetly kissed Mobei-Jun, smiling as he mumbled, "My King, do not be concerned." against his lips. Just as this scenario was playing out, Liu Qingge walked in. Seeing the PDA between the normally thin-faced and shy Shang Qinghua and the demon his shixiong had betrayed the sect for, his face flushed in a mixture of embarrassment and anger as he froze in place, staring at the two awkwardly.

Shen Qingqiu had rolled his eyes at the interaction, but seeing Bai Zhan's peak lord's reaction, he chuckled under his breath. "Shizun, what is it that's amusing you so?" Binghe asked, his voice quiet, but loud enough from his positioning right next to Shen Qingqiu's ear. "Your Liu-shishu is shook -in shock, he's a little surprised." Shen Qingqiu internally cursed. He can't believe he let that word slip from his traitorous mouth.

"Liu-shidi." The amusement in his voice was unmistakable for those he'd let his guard down around, even in the slightest. Said immortal flushed red and hurried to stand by his seat. When the peak lord of Zuixian peak entered, Shang Qinghua and Mobei-Jun had stopped kissing but people hadn't stopped looking at them. He squinted suspiciously at them and took a jug of wine from his sleeves, unsealed it and chugged approximately half of its contents instantly. Yue Qingyuan sighed in exasperation. Earlier he'd voiced to the two peak lords (and, consequently, also to their husbands) about how he'd hoped that they'd have one meeting without him drinking before it'd even started, but it seemed that wasn't going to happen, again.

Shang Qinghua let out a delighted sound as the wine-making peak lord simultaneously made a weird sound and did a pose that reminded Shen Qingqiu suspiciously of a dab and stumbled towards his seat. He narrowed his eyes and directed them at the man to his left. Shang Qinghua had previously told Shen Qingqiu that before and even after becoming peak lord, the Zuixian peak lord still had horrible alcohol tolerance. Even after many years of trying to make compromises with the strengths and flavours of the wine, the disciples still struggled with their own alcohol tolerance.

"Sometimes I think he's faking being drunk. There's no way alcohol can take effect instantly like that." Shang Qinghua had complained many meetings ago. When he'd first told him, Shen Qingqiu had only huffed a sigh of amusement, not believing it either, but the more times that he witnessed it, the more that it confused him because somehow it actually happened.

Then again, Shen Qingqiu originally had high expectations about the peak lords' monthly meeting and was extremely surprised (but also very, very amused) when he witnessed just how chaotic the meetings were. The two demons were in for a shock because this was just the start.

"It is good to see that everyone is in good health." Yue Qingyuan started, smiling warmly. Everyone could see that he had high hopes for the meeting and were eyeing each other, watching for whoever would act up first. "We welcome demon lords Luo Binghe and Mobei-Jun to our meeting for the first time and hope that they will have a pleasant experience in this gathering." There was a hint of a threat in his words when he said pleasant, aimed at the peak lords, and Shen Qingqiu hid a smirk behind his fan.

Mobei-Jun bowed wordlessly and Luo Binghe grinned before bowing himself, "This Binghe greets Yue-shibo and thanks him for allowing him and his general in to the meeting." Shen Qingqiu smiled. His Binghe had been showing his martial uncles respect more often (Binghe had respected his Qi-shigu for a long time, so that was something he didn't have to worry about), so he was glad that they'd at least partially overcome their differences to be able to stand in the same room without fighting. "Cang Qiong Peak lord beseeches fellow peak lords and guests to sit." Yue Qingyuan spoke as he bowed once to all of them, voice warm as he sat in his seat. In an uncoordinated mess, like usual, the others began to bow and sit down in their own seats.

Shen Qingqiu was in the process of sitting in his own chair, Luo Binghe following his lead and sitting in his own chair (someone having brought in extras for the demon lords) when Shang Qinghua bowed. Everyone's eyes snapped to him when, instead of sitting, he invited Mobei-Jun to sit in his own seat. Then, he sat down on his husband's lap, looked Shen Qingqiu straight in the eyes and with a shit eating grin on his face, whispered, "It's free real estate." In the familiar tone of the meme that never failed to make him laugh in his original life, but now... he couldn't stop his eye from twitching in irritation.

"You talk a lot of shit for someone within ass-kicking distance." He hissed as he stood back up and then lunged at Shang Qinghua, Mobei-Jun's 'Qinghua threat classification' be damned.

The next thing that occurred was Shen Qingqiu knocking Shang Qinghua off Mobei-Jun's lap and down to the floor before even the ice demon could react, the usually graceful immortal whacking his shidi over the head with the fan he'd aggressively pulled from his waistband. Shang Qinghua screamed, begging for mercy.

"No! You don't say something as dumb as that and not expect any consequences!" Shen Qingqiu hissed. He felt gentle hands on his arm, pulling him off his shidi. Looking behind him, he saw Yue Qingyuan with an exasperated but amused look on his face as he pulled him away from the transmigrator he currently wanted to throttle. Seconds after, the familiar sound of metal on metal could be heard and he turned his head to see Wei Qingwei, Liu Qingge and the very drunk Zuixian peak lord giving money to Qi Qingqi, who looked very smug. His face fell as he registered that they'd bet on him (or did they bet on Shang Qinghua? He wouldn't ask for clarification, his face was too thin for that).

"Qingqiu-shixiong, bro, help me up, I'll die here if you don't save me." Shang Qinghua whined, holding up his arms and waving them around as if he was trying to get his attention. He turned to face the other again, noticing that the ice demon was watching the entire thing with barely disguised shock on his face. Shen Qingqiu had to stop a smile from appearing and betraying his true feelings about what was happening.

"Would you do anything for me to 'save you'?" Shen Qingqiu asked. There was a glint in his eye which Shang Qinghua didn't immediately notice. The other transmigrator nodded enthusiastically. Oh, Airplane-Bro... you don't know what you just got yourself into. He smirked and took the steps necessary to get him right beside the other, crouching down. As if he'd just seen the look on his face, Shang Qinghua went to protest.

"Then perish."

Everyone heard that statement as he stood back up, self-satisfied smile on his face. With a wail, Shang Qinghua rolled over, getting his robes dirty, and simply kept on repeating, "I walked right into that! That was the perfect set up and I didn't even notice!" As everyone stared on in confusion, Shen Qingqiu turned back to his husband to see how he had reacted. Luo Binghe was tightly gripping his thighs through his robes. It seemed mostly normal, however, Shen Qingqiu's dumbass mind thought different.

Hornee grip.