Teams

If you play football you're obviously on a team a team will need at least 48 people on it maybe less but recommended number is 48. There are 3 parts of the ball: Defence that stop the other team from getting a touchdown, Offence that tries to get a touchdown and special teams there are 5 parts to special teams.
1)kickoff= is when the team kicks the ball to the other team at the beginning of the game or after the touchdown.
2)kick return= is the team who returns the kick when the ball is kicked to them on kickoff(1) and helps get the ball down the field for offence.
3)PAT=point after touchdown, this is when you kick the ball through the uprights for 1 point to gain the lead or just to get 7 points.
4)Punt= is what you do when you reach 4th down but you can choose that or to go for it most people punt just to keep their defensive position safe if they're trying get a lead.
5)Punt return= is the team that returns the punt from the punter on the punt team(4) and they try to get positive yardage for their offence.
The reason you need 48 people on a team is because on each side of the ball you need 12 people.
The positions on offence:
Quarter back
Running back
Half back
Wide receiver (x2)
Slot backs (x2)
Tight end (x2 slot backs can turn into tight ends if they lineup on the line)
Lineman(x5 most important=Centre)
The position on Defence:
Lineman(x4 original)
Linebackers(x3)
Defensive backs(x2)
Corners(x2)
Safety(x1 normal)