Damn the world - Chapter 4...

Before Tom realized what was actually happening a powerful darkness consumed him.

To him it felt like being swarmed by angry seagulls, which had happened before to him when he had decided to buy a Delicious Cornish vanilla ice cream when on a surfing holiday with his parents. He also remembered from the same holiday going in for the first time on the first day. Tom had decided to buy the ice cream and just as he took his first lick the seagulls came squawking down. In his absolute panic he had sprinted towards the ocean, seeing that as his only answer to safety despite the shouts of his parents calling himself. Tom when ankle deep in the painfully freezing water dove gracefully into the water flinging the Delicious snack carelessly behind him. Tom remembered the water stinging his face but hearing the muffled shouts from Anastasia...

Tom sat up all of a sudden, but fell back to the floor and curled up shivering and wrenching.

"TOM, TOM" Mary was at his side immediately, wiping him tentatively with a small flannel.

"I'm so" she started sobbing uncontrollably "sorry, I'm so so so sorry"

Tom looked at her with a confused expression, once he had sat up he remembered and it hit him like a wave. Tom crashed on the floor feeling empty. He spread himself out to cover as much space of the creamy vanilla carpet as possible then stayed still.

For the whole day Tom lay down wanting to fall asleep but just couldn't. He felt like his eyes were plastered open dryed and never to be closed again. Everything suddenly seemed like a tremendous effort he skipped lunch, his surfing coaching to go to Districts was cancelled all day he just moved like a soulless zombie.

No purpose...

Just...

Slowly Drifting...