75 2 0

Todoroki's P.O.V.

"It's alright I guess. I don't mean to sound insensitive or anything, it's just not me. The nice food, clothes, home, privileges, and everything else is amazing. It was mainly my father that made it a pain." I explain.

"Oh?"

"Yeah, my father wasn't the greatest. He used my mom and when he was done with her, he threw her into some secluded dungeon far away. I have lots of other siblings he claimed were 'unfit' for the throne and forced me to do everything perfectly. I hated it." I ramble on, taking another sip of hot cocoa.

"How'd you get that scar?" Izuku questions, pointing at my burn scar.

"This?" I point at it with my own hand, facepalming mentally.

Obviously, he meant this scar. It's the only one I have that he can see.

Izuku nods, ignoring my stupid response.

"My dad threw some boiling hot water at me and called me weak. He said it would make me stronger."

"I'm sorry that happened to you," Izuku says sympathetically with a frown.

"No, it's fine. Every time I look at it reminds me of what I've overcome, and what I'll overcome in the future."

"Well it's good you see it that way, instead of looking at it with despair," Izuku replies, taking another sip of his hot cocoa.

"I suppose," I reply.

We sit there in silence awhile. It wasn't awkward, yet it wasn't comforting. Some sort of weird middle ground.

"So," I start, trying to think of something to say. "Why did you decide to let me stay here? It's quite nice of you, but I'm a complete stranger." I finish.

Izuku shrugs his shoulders.

"It gets lonely here. Scary sometimes, too. I wouldn't deny you hospitality with how cold it is out, that would be mean. If I was running away I'd want someone to let me stay with them." He gives a thoughtful answer.

I mull over what he said. Scary? I wonder what scares him. It doesn't seem to be very spooky or anything here.

Then again, that's just my opinion. I'm not fazed by very much.

"You probably think I'm a bit weird. I don't know how to act around royalty." Izuku chuckles awkwardly, squishing himself into a tight little ball.

"No! No, you're completely fine! Don't worry about it." I tell him.

About an hour passes by with light conversation and hot cocoa sipping. The sky had darkened outside the little cottage.

Izuku yawns, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"I don't mean to keep you awake. That wouldn't make me a very good houseguest. I can head to the room you showed me if you want to sleep?" I ask.

He nods.

He shows me to my room once again, making sure I was alright and asking countless questions if this rooming arrangement was fine.

After I reassured him multiple times, he wished me goodnight and closed the door behind him, supposedly heading off to his room.