Chapter 5

I read the letter my dad sent me finally. Folly is taking care of the animals my father is rehabilitating while Dad is working with the ministry. They have been wanting my dad to become an Auror for awhile. Voldemort has been recruiting creatures to his side. Particularly, werewolves were at risk. I sighed and folded the letter up. I had been avoiding four specific boys like crazy. I got a glimpse of black hair entering the Great Hall. I quickly ran to the house elves' door and knocked. Bobbin opened it before all of the boys could even enter the hall. I handed Bobbin a bag of sweets to share with the house elves. He smiled and let me sit in the corner of the kitchen to finish breakfast.

I got up and said bye to everyone. I stepped out to the hall and instantly regretted leaving when I saw Remus. He grabbed my arm and push me through the door. I was about to protest when I saw the mirror. In it I saw two deer nuzzling each other. I kept it to myself what McGonagall helped me to do. Second year when the boys turned themselves animagi, I got my dad to ask the professor to help me become one too. I mean I love animals. Small me was amazed with the idea of becoming one. She agreed and I remember hugging her when she told me. She turned so red as I squeezed her. I was just so excited. We weren't surprised when my animagus was a deer. Woodland creatures ran in the family.

Remus shook his head and looked at me.

"So exactly what do you know?" he said trying to keep a hard expression.

"I don't mean to know anything. It just comes as naturally as if you spoke your thoughts. You can't tell anyone, but I was born with the gift of legilimency. My aunt was like that too. I have a lot problems too. It is nothing to worry about. I mean Voldemort probably wants us both if he finds out about us. Dumbledore said he got you covered when I expressed my concerns for your wellbeing. I am not going to tell anyone. My aunt always told me that just because you know a secret doesn't mean you tell the rest of the world's population though her actions said otherwise. I've known since first year after all and now we are in fifth year."

"You told nobody, but Dumbledore?" he asks for confirmation.

"Well, I mean I did ask my dad a lot about werewolves, but I ask a lot about any new creature I find."

At that moment, Leak climbed to the top of my head. I reached up and got him down. I'm always afraid he will fall off. The door opened and Potter walked in. He glanced at the mirror and smiled. I froze when I realized he saw the exact same thing as me. I gave Remus an exasperated look.

"You can't tell anyone about me," I tell Remus. "And I promise to not tell anyone your secret.

"Hey! You can't keep secrets from me, Love," James pouted. "Relationships are built on trust."

James wrapped his arm around me and looked into the mirror in a daze. I was in a daze, but for a different reason. Mom always teased me about Potter, but I was scared to see my darkest desire in front of me.

"You don't know anything about me, James," I said as I pushed him away.

"Bye, Remus. Remember the promise," I glance before leaving the room.

I sigh as I walk to the Gryffindor common room. I couldn't have boyfriend. I was too awkward and shy. I had Leak and the other creatures to take care of. I sent a message via house elf to Dumbledore that I was skipping classes today. I needed to listen to my own thoughts for awhile.