Chapter one

Fred Carter Jones has arrived at home. Home is different now in the past five years. Some houses stayed the same in the small quiet town of Crystal Fields . The thick cold mountain air is still the same.
  He decided to stop at the local store to grab some food before arriving at his dads house. There she was ;Her long red hair was glitzing in the poor LED lights. Even tho he only seen her from behind. He knew it was Daphne. His beautiful Daphne.  "Daphne!" He said. She looked over her shoulder and her emerald green eyes turned wide. " Freddie!" She almost screamed. "What are you doing back?When did you arrive?" She said. "My internship with Arthur is over. I came home(to you,he thought), how are you?" He said while looking her up and down with his eyes. There he saw it a beautiful purple diamond ring on her left finger. " I'm good, I graduated nursing school I'm working at the hospital. I got a house...I.." She noticed that he seen her engagement ring, she pauses..He smiles coyly. "Does he make you happy?" She nods her head. "I hope you understand Fred. I met someone who makes me the happiest person.Who makes me want to improve myself to be better.And puts me first". She says. "I'm glad you found what you are looking for." Fred says sadly.Shaggy walks up looking down at his phone. " Like , I like Phoebe and Penélope for a girl if the babies are girls.And my mom wants us to send her a ultrasound picture. " He looks up from his phone and he sees Fred. " Like hey man,was up? Welcome back home." Shaggy says. Fred quickly puts it together. "ROGERS REALLY!" He somewhat yells. " What did I do ?" Shaggy says calmly . Fred pulls him outside the store.Daphne proceeds to quickly check out .Just incase it gets heated."I leave for five years and you steal my girl! What about Velma?" Fred says angrily . "Daphne is not property man. She isn't anybody's. Unless she like chooses man. It just happened okay. I don't know how to explain it but I love her man. And it's been FIVE YEARS,you expect her to put her life on hold. She's with me ,she's pregnant with my kids. We have a home. The life she wanted. And Velma is gay." Shaggy says while putting his hands up in the air.
Daphne overhears everything and Shaggy was right. She got the life she wanted a good man , kids and home. And good job. She was overjoyed with the life her and Shaggy built. She reflects on the hardships they had. From living in the van because she refused to take her parents money or dip in her trust fund. And showering at the truckstop. From eating pj and j's during her finals week because they had eight dollars to their name together .To Shaggy staying up all night long helping her study for her nursing exam. Even tho he had work the next morning.Her getting pregnant and end up having a miscarriage at nine weeks before the twins . Her mother dying from cancer.And Shaggy losing his grandma. To both of them spending time at dead end jobs so they get the life they want,even tho they barely spent anytime together.Threw all that Shaggy has been her rock her biggest supporter. Never complained.She walks up to Shaggy and grab his arm."Fred, I am happy ,can you be happy for me. I was happy for you when you wanted to leave here and travel the world to build-traps. Norville.. Shaggy and I are happy. We built a great life together. I'm sorry I forgot to tell you. I didn't know how..." Daphne says. Shaggy gently runs his hand threw her hair and moves her hand across her back. He can tell she is stress and it's not good for the babies. Fred sees how much Shaggy cares about her. " I just wanted everything to be the same when I got back. I wanted to sweep all this away,act non of it happened." Fred says while trying to smile for the couple."Oh,Freddie things change that's life. " Daphne says. He nods his head and walked away feeling like his whole world has changed.  The girl he loved and wanted was taken. His heart filled with anger and regret. If he hadn't leave Daphne and him would still be together. She would be having his kids.  But all he could think about is traps. Maybe he can win her back? He went home to think of a plan.