2. Together we stay, my dears...

At last we were taken out of the shelter and to the house where my living hell was about to begin. At first my sister's grandmother was nice, she had brought the bed from my sister's father (we were adopted by my sister's grandma). The sun hit that room just right and for once I was at peace, I saw my sister walk to her bed and at that moment my sister smiled. I wanted to cry, my sister happy, I was going to do the best I could to continue protecting my sister. Her smile brought me joy, but that moment was shortly lived, her grandmother brought us to see her "husband", but she was cheating on Papa. Her grandmother left Papa for that guy from Morocco. I knew there was something up with that guy, I didn't talk to him at all!

My brothers finally joined us, which we flipped out. We were so excited to have our brothers back! Life "settled" down as we started school, then it didn't. While the grandmother was at work she would leave us with her "husband" and it wasn't a pretty picture. I was in the first grade and I wanted to play with my siblings, so I lied about my homework. He checked my backpack and I was in for a beat of a life time at least that's what I thought at the time. He chased me around the house and just as I was about the make it out the back door he caught me, grabbed my arm and started hitting my arm, then he got me to the center of the living room and starting spanking me. he'd hit my back for the extra pain, he's spank my feet so that I couldn't run without feeling shape pain through my feet. He got shoes and belts to beat me and I was six at the time. The grandmother got home she saw what he did to me and all she could say is don't lie about my homework and turn him and said what if DHS saw the bruises you put on this little girl. He didn't stop, he would beat me until I was in a ball under him, he's call me stupid and worthless. This scared me until I was 11 and he left for three year, coming back occasionally during those three years. I swore t keep my two brothers and sister safe. Together we stay, my dears... I will protect you.