Recovery

In the early hours of the morning following the music festival, Kitty Section was packed up and ready to go home. Almost everyone had left the houseboat, except Adrien and Marinette. She was about to go to but decided to stick around after Adrien pulled Luka aside.

"Hey, Luka?" He asked nervously.

"Yeah, Adrien?" Luka softly replied.

"Can I talk to you," he glanced back at Marinette, "in private?" Luka lead Adrien to his room out of the way of prying eyes, or eavesdroppers.

"Sit down. What's up?" Luka said. The boys sat down cross legged on his bed.

"Are you okay?" Adrien stared directly into Luka's eyes. "I mean after everything that... happened today?" He looked aside. His eyes widened, however, as Luka put a hand on his shoulder. Luka had a sly smile on his lips which rather confused Adrien.

"It's Marinette, isn't it?" His smile softened. Adrien sighed and bit his lip. Luka waited.

"It's just- I thought I liked another girl. But recently, I've caught myself thinking alot about her. And then today, with the whole..." He rolled his eyes, "And she was so worried about you and... Don't get me wrong, I know we all just met but, ugh, this is so complicated!" He buried his face in his hands.

Luka then got up and wandered over to his guitar. He picked it up and began to play. Adrien lifted his head,

"How do you-"

"It's just how I make sense. I get from my dad. But he..." He set down the guitar.

"I know how you feel. My mom taught me everything I know about piano but as much as I love my father..."

"He's not her." Luka sighed.

"I guess I should probably head home."

"Adrien, you'll figure this out I'm sure, but if you ever need a little help to do so, I'm here."

"Thanks, Luka. I'm here for you too." He smiled. As he was about to turn around, Luka enveloped him in a hug. Adrien returned the favour. Luka spoke quietly in his ear,

"Thank you, Adrien." On the release from the hug, Luka gave him a soft kiss on the cheek. Adrien blushed. He smiled, trying to hide it and then raced home.

"Bye Mari- ugh, Marinette." He called.

"Bye Adrien." She yelled back.

Oh no! Did I really just call her by her nickname? Now she'll totally think I'm into her! But that mightn't be so bad, cos it's not exactly a secret that she likes me. Oh well...

Oh... Well... Did he really just call me by my nickname? Oh, he must really think we're just friends. Maybe I am the magnet to his compass. Oh no!

"Hey, Marinette!" Luka whispered in her ear. She whizzed around.

"Yeah?" She said as excitedly as she could given the time and her sudden realisation.

"Your parents just called my mom. Do you want to stay the night?" His soft voice pried her heart right open.

"Oh, please." She sobbed into her palms. Luka instinctively wrapped his arms around her.

"Shhh, it's alright." He thought for a moment. "What do you say we head to my room and put on a movie?" Marinette looked up with red eyes and a half smile. She nodded as Luka adjusted his grip on her and carried her there. She rested her head on his shoulder and smiled to herself.

Maybe he's the one.