.

People always say every life should be cherished.

That every single one of them is equally fragile and precious.

Like a beautiful glass sculpture or the blossoming flowers in spring.

But the thing is, everyone's definition of beautiful is different.

Some people prefer roses over orchids.

Some of them like sculptures of people whereas others like sculptures of animals.

And so there are times when even the most beautiful sculpture gets thrown away like trash or forgotten somewhere because they found one that's prettier.

The beautiful flowers that bloomed in spring will wither away and eventually become nothing but dust.

There are times when a sculpture in itself could be really beautiful but a tiny flaw will make people deem it as a "mistake".

The flowers that are left to wither away just because they miss a leave, or because they aren't the right size or the right colour.

So you see that saying about every life being equally precious?, yeah that only counts for the "perfect" ones.

Still some of these faulty sculptures and broken flowers managed to make it into the world.

They would be facing the harsh reality of this world and would have to fight to survive.

Some of them would unfortunately lose this fight in the end, leaving to a faraway place in hopes to find peace and quiet.

Still just being able to make it this far in this harsh world is something to be proud of, as friends and family will forever remember these brave individuals who fought hard to survive until the very end.

- Kaylee de Leeuw