Winterfell

Febraury 10th, 1944: 

The day that the Compagnia had to take all the rescued people to the port of Salerno to help them get onto the ships that would've taken them all to America - to a better life - was a very sad day for everyone at the farm. 

Since it wasn't a very dangerous mission to carry out - meaning that the chances of something going bad were so slim anyone from the Compagnia could've done it, even the dumbest of their soldiers - five men were appointed to take care of it. Peppe and Checco were a part of the five men that would've made sure that the - now - 18 rescued people would've been safe during the journey from the farm to the port. 

As Lieutenant and official organiser of that rescue plan, Mauro would've accompanied the 5 men from his Compagnia to Salerno, to make sure everything would've gone accordingly to his plans. 

He had been the one to arrange the ships that would've took those people to America - it would've been more than one, for sure. That was to increase the chances that at least some of them would've gotten to the Land of the Free, instead of risking losing all of those lives because of some enemies intercepting one boat and can it. 

Lieutenant Mauro was the link - alongside Pietro, of course - that united their small Compagnia to the rest of the Resistance forces. He was the one that somehow kept in contact with the rest of the commanders and got a hold of how other armadas were doing. He was the one that got the plans for what their upcoming missions should've been. 

For some reason, their rescuing missions above the Gustav Line had come to a halt, since they had come back from Cassino. 

Lieutenant Mauro had granted them a couple of days of resting before informing them that they would've resumed training. But when Alex had found a moment to talk to him alone and ask him what their next mission would've been and where, Lieutenant Mauro had simply told him that there were none. Nothing else. 

Despite being a part of the leadership of the Compagnia Alex still felt like the Lieutenant wasn't ready to share some of the reserved informations he had with him, yet. The thing was a bit annoying to him, since he needed to know, had something happened to both him or Pietro, because had he been left in charge of the Compagnia, he would've needed to know what his next steps should've been. 

Not really wanting to do so - knowing he would've sounded like a whiney bitch - Alex had talked to Pietro about it, and Pietro had also been very cryptic about the whole thing. Pietro's behaviour had left Alex feeling even more irritated, because he felt like they were purposefully keeping him in the dark of some big news that would've potentially changed their future - for the better or the worse, Alex didn't know that. 

Training had went on, and their lives had slowly fell into a very well designed routine that offered a sense of normalcy during times that were everything but normal. 

The farm was more crowded than ever now that the Compagnia had been able to rescue 12 people: the two mothers, who had recently been very suspicious and wary about their surroundings and the people that had rescued them had slowly opened up, mostly thanks to both Bianca and Pia. Without wanting to, they had helped them keep an eye on the two younger girls that had been rescued during their first mission, keeping them away from the younger members of the Compagnia - much to their displeasure. They had also started helping around the house, and more often than not Bianca would find herself with nothing to do during the afternoons, but sit and let out long sighs. She wasn't used to doing nothing and despite having always lamented wanting some free time for herself, she was one of those people that once being presented with free time on a silver platter, wouldn't know what to do with it and spend it wasting it and already planning what their next chore should've been.