Epilogue

Once Henry and I had exchanged vows and kissed to the sounds of a cheering crowd, Josh announced that the reception would be held at the firehall, directly afterwards. Although I felt horrible for doing so, I excused myself to the bathroom in a hurry.

"I just need a few minutes to myself!" I thought, as I rushed from the center of the stage through a side door.

The environment around me blurred, as I ran. My heartbeat sped up to the quickness of my feet. I stretched out both arms and flew into the ladies room with both palms hitting the door open. Unfortunately, I wasn't the only one who was using the facilities! Although the door swung open forcefully, it didn't cause the impact - my follow-through did. I smashed right into a blonde woman, attempting to exit the overly extravagantly-decorated room.

"Ooof!" she exclaimed in high pitched surprise.

"Sorry! I'm so sorry!" I apologized simultaneously and stopped in my tracks.

I took a few seconds to catch my breath and examine if I'd caused her any damage; but, every carefully crafted curl in her updo laid perfectly in place. I studied the face over the shimmering, blue dress that hugged her slender body and recognized the woman my husband had spoken of with nothing but utter disdain!

"Uh..." I frowned and tried to collect myself, while my brain processed the information.

"It's alright! I'm fine!" she laughed. "Congratulations! My name is Sylvia," she beamed, confirming my suspicions with a charming smile and a hand, extended to shake mine.

"Nice to meet you, Sylvia," I politely replied instinctively.

"You look flustered. Is everything alright?" the stunningly gorgeous woman asked.

"Yeah, yeah!" I dismissed with a half-belivable shrug.

So many questions sprang to my mind that I didn't know which one to focus on! Why was she at my wedding?! Who had invited her or brought her along as a date? Why was she in the bathroom during my exchange of vows with Henry? I thought I was rude!

"Your gown is absolutely divine!" Sylvia radiantly smiled. "However, I imagine it's a bit cumbersome. Isn't there anyone to help you?"

"Go to the bathroom?" I scoffed with incredulity. "No, I'm quite sure I can still handle that myself!" I chuckled wryly. "Thank you!" I added for a touch of politeness.

"No, I mean through this process," Sylvia corrected with a smirk. "I imagine you feel like you're...drowning?" she queried with over-involved interest.

...Yet, I couldn't lie to her!

"Ahhh...Ugh! Yes," I sighed and leaned my back against the wall in defeat. "I'm afraid to go out there again. There's someone I don't want to see...but I have to," I grimaced.

"The handsome D.E.A. agent?" Sylvia conspiratorially smiled.

"How do you know-" I began with suspicion rising.

"Hmm," her lips upturned in self-appreciation for a second. "Passing on information is like touching still water - It creates ripples and reverberations that expand far beyond the original boundaries. I hear everything in the water," she explained.