Part Four - At School 3

"E-Eh?"

Dust raced into the classroom. As expected of the head of the Chinese mafia group Char Siu, Kanakura Yui only gave a small yelp of surprise as the wall behind her blew into pieces. A stream of delicate, but wild laughter came from the cloud of dust. Something enormous was coming into the room, creating a racket of whirring gears and mechanical creaks.

"Hehehe..."

"T-This voice!" said Raku, hand over his eyes to block the dust. "It couldn't be...!?"

"Hehehe...I've arrived, Raku-sama!"

A small yellow crane rolled into the room, its hook swinging dangerously through the dust. In the crane's control seat, there was a girl with two tails of orange hair running down her shoulders, her entire appearance rendering fragile beauty, like a flower that had just bloomed.

"T-Tachibana!?"

"Ehehehe~" giggled Tachibana Marika, her eyes spinning feverishly as she drove the crane forward. "Look, Raku-sama! I've finished it! I spent the entire weekend crafting this just for you!"

As the dust began to clear, Raku got a whiff of something strong and oddly citrus-like. He reeled back as he realized what it was.

"Energy drinks!? Just how many energy drinks did you drink, Tachibana!?"

"Please accept this token of my everlasting love, Raku-sama!" said Marika, pulling various levers in the crane. The hook swung forward, bringing the enormous package that it held crashing onto the ground.

"W-Wha—!?"

The entire classroom covered their eyes as light bounced off the object, casting a blinding aura that illuminated the entire room. The object that Tachibana Marika had worked tirelessly on throughout the entire weekend, a product of dozens and dozens of cases of energy drinks—

A giant statue made of solid gold was standing in front of them. Just because it was Tachibana Marika, everyone had expected it to be a statue of Ichijou Raku. And they were right. At least with everything below the neck.

But instead of Raku's trademark cross-shaped clips and Gundam vulcan sideburns, there was a completely different characteristic trait being shown.

An enormous beak and gaping, wide eyes.

The face of Tachibana Marika's parrot, Raku-sama.

"W-WHY IS MY FACE A PARROT!?"

Chitoge was bent over her upturned desk, pounding on its legs as she tried to hold back her laughter. Kosaki could only stare lifelessly at the statue, having unknowingly hoped deep inside for an actual replica rather than this masterpiece.

"Aww. It's cute," said Yui, patting the golden statue. The entire classroom couldn't help but think the same thought: WHAT!?

"Ah...I'm sorry, Raku-sama. It might not be perfect...I started to feel a little light-headed," said Marika, swaying in the chair.

"Tachibana, I really appreciate all the work you put into it, so please get out of that crane and go to sleep!" said Raku.

"I'm sorry you had to see me in this state...I was hoping to bring it to you later today at your home. But for some reason, I got this strange feeling that something irreversible would happen if I didn't brin...brin...bring this to you...right...zzz..."

Tachibana's head fell back over her seat as she started snoring.

"What just happened...?" said Raku, feeling extremely let-down for some reason. Meanwhile, Chitoge had fallen off her desk, tears streaming from her eyes.