New Start [Ch.1]

"Ty, you left a bag." Hailey said and picked it up, reluctantly looking at Ty with it in her hands. She stood in the doorway to the lobby of the apartment.

"Sis, we'll still see each other for holidays and stuff...you know I'll be okay, right? I'm 18, there's no reason I can't take care of myself." Ty said, irritated. Yeah, he had been homeschooled his whole life but how hard could life be?

"Very."

I wasn't talking to you, Crowe.

"Ty, why don't you just stay for another few months? College-"

"Is important! I want a good career, and I don't want to be sheltered."

"Well said. Lets get a doctorate while we're at it."

Yea-! Are you being sarcastic?

"I..I understand. I'm sorry, Ty, I'll stop. I'm just saying,"

Ty groaned and turned away after grabbing his bag from his sister. He stayed still to listen, though, trying to be patient.

"I'm gonna do college when I'm 20, I'm 19 now-" "Whatever!" Ty cut in.  "I'm 18. I'm an adult. You're only a year older than me, you don't know everything!...I love you, goodbye."

He said harshly. He opened the door and closed it quickly, walking three feet from the exit and to the edge of the street, next to the moving truck. He hopped in the passenger seat.

"Ready tu' goh kid?" Said the man driving, a thick accent spilling from the brown beard. Ty just nodded.

No, I'm not a kid, yes, I'd like to leave.

"What's up with everyone calling you a kid?"

I'm small..tiny..I regret this already.

===============================
250 words

Hey guys, just a quick peek of what's to see! My name is Buddy by the way. I'm new to Wattpad so be nice ;">