New Room [Ch.2]

The apartment, around a mile from his school, was just outside town. The school, on the edge of town, was preppy and light hearted with smart and compassionate people. Stepping outside Ruttle (fancy town) and stepping into Renel (spooky town) was like going from a fairytale to the ghetto. People were raped, murdered, abused, broken. No one trusted anyone else, really. Everyone was out for themselves in a vast race to get the best things and live the best legend.

However, Ty knew none of this.

Ty grew up in Ruttle, and growing up in Ruttle was like having strangers as your family. Everyone loved everyone and there was almost no court cases or murders or breaking the law. Kids would go with other kids trick or treating, alone at around 6 or 7.

Families trusted eachother, and were even accepting of other people moving in.

Everyone who was born and raised in Renel stayed in Renel. Ty was aware of one thing- being someone new would be awkward.

But it wasn't that awkward, it was just terrifying.

All the glares and car alarms made him start to think that he wasn't safe. It was hard enough to unload all of his stuff, because the new roommate wasn't home, but the overwhelming feeling of 'anyone can be right behind you with a knife' bothered him. Maybe he wouldn't like to live here after all.

When he was done, he slammed the door behind himself. He was in a trashy apartment all alone with very fancy furniture (besides what the roommate owns-) with no one to protect him.

"It's your schizophrenia, Ty."

"No, you're my schizophrenia, Crowe. And who asked you? You're not a even actually here." He had always been bitter about Crowe talking to him.

"But don't you agree that I help you, Ty? I've been here since you were in middle school. I'm you're best friend."

"Sure, sure. You haven't even appeared in person in a week."

Crowe poofed in front of him. "Well here I am. If you wanted me so bad you could've just said so-"

"Fuck off." He flicked Crowe in the forehead.

He went into his new room and looked at the boxes. "I should start putting my stuff away, right?"

"And decorate." Crowe added eagerly.

So that's what he did- for around three hours. He liked the vapor-wave aesthetic, but mixed it with the girly pink he had, so it watered down to a white bed with pink sheets and pink pillows, black lights and fairy lights in the closet. This suited not only his own personality, but also just a little of what his roommate would be like. He didn't know this, though.

What is my new roommate going to be like?.... What if....

"Don't getcha hopes up!"

"Fuck. Off. Crowe."

And just then, the apartment door opened.

===============================
470 words

Thanks for reading, hopefully I can update again soon ;'>