MTN- 16

Tricia, her OB, was looking intently at the result of her serum pregnancy test. She doesn't know what to feel. Her heart is surely overflowing with joy the moment she knew that there's a little life growing in her womb. They've been waiting for this little one since the second mark of their marriage. Maybe, He didn't give them one yet for He knows that the child will suffer because of his or her parents' unresolvable rift. Is this the sign she has been waiting for? Months ago, when Aga began making his moves, she asked for a sign on whether to give him and their marriage another chance. She asked for a sign before risking it all again. Maybe this is the sign. However, a part of her is anxious. This will be an entirely new role for her. No guidebook, no reviewer. It will just be all the love in her heart and her intuition. And she looked at her husband, everything will be fine because she's not alone. She has someone she can lean onto, ready to walk in this unknown path with her, and hold her hand no matter what.

He gave her a smile that assured everything, washed away her uncertainties. She isn't sure what exactly will happen next. But she knows they will weather the storm together, hand in hand. Then she closed her eyes, as he plotted a kiss on her forehead.

Tricia turned to them with a huge smile on her face. She is incredibly happy for these two lovely couple. With evident glee in her tone, she broke the good news to them. "It's confirmed, Lei. You are five weeks pregnant."

Her hand involuntarily found its place on her lower abdomen. Their little one has finally come. "Babes, our little one is here..." Her voice was clothed with euphoria, a bliss she cannot even describe.

He nodded, happiness is radiating in his aura. He has dreamed of this day. And it melted every beat of his heart. "Yes, Love. I love you." He uttered and gave her a sweet peck. Then he kneeled down to kiss her unnoticeable baby bump. "And Daddy loves you too, little one."

It was an endearing sight for Tricia to see. She stood up. "Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Muhlach."

The two smiled.

"Thanks, Doc." She uttered while pulling her for a hug.

"Take care of yourself, Lei." She turned to Aga and said, "Ags, take care of your babies ha."

"You can count on me that, Doc. Lagi ko namang inaalagaan 'tong baby ko eh." He said then winked at his wife.

The latter just shook her head then playfully rolled her eyes. "Ikaw nga 'tong needy sa ating dalawa, Attorney."

Tricia laughed at the couple's remarks. "Looks like this time, ikaw ang magiging needy, Lei." She said, hinting that Lea's 'lihi' stage is approaching. "You are at your week 5 of your pregnancy, Lei. For a first time Mom like you, it's okay to feel fatigue and nauseous. It's all part of your pregnancy. In addition to that, let's talk about your pregnancy hormones and how it will make you feel that they are taking over you." And she discussed everything to the couple, especially Lea, a first time Mom and will probably have her world upside down because of the perplexity of being a pregnant woman.

"God. These hormones will make me a b*tch." She uttered after hearing all of that from her OB.

Aga chuckled. "You already are, Babes."

She frowned at him. "Wow. Thank you ha." How her husband can be so bloody hell honest.

"Just telling the truth, Baby." And he grinned naughtily at her.

"While Lea is taking care of herself to have a healthy pregnancy, you better get ready, Ags. You'll be at the receiving end of pregnancy's shenanigans. You both have to be ready and be prepared for this."

"Yes po, Doc." The couple chorused, their hands interlaced with each other filling the gaps in between.

"I need you both to be solid partners. Be there for each other all the time. Hurdle all the bumps together. This won't be easy but definitely worth it." Tricia told the first time parents. She handed the results of the serum pregnancy test to them as they exchange goodbyes. "I'll see you next week for your first ultrasound, Lei. 'Yong bilin ko 'wag niyo kalimutan."