Chapter 3

"What did she say?" Hinata asked.

"She asked if I am gay.."

Hinata froze a minute and so does Kageyama. "Pfft!" And with that Hinata bursted with laughter.

"What was that! Bwahaha! I'm gonna die from too much laughter!"

"Drop dead! You dumbass! Also she asked if I was dating you"

"What the-!" Hinata continued laughing his heart out. "W-what did you *laugh* say?" He asked, between the unstoppable laughter.

"Of course I told her we're not!" Kageyama explained, smacked the head of an idiot and sighed.

"Why did you reject her anyway? She's so pretty and popular.." Hinata asked.

"Dumbass! Of course it's because  it will just burden our volleyball practice" Kageyama answered bluntly, his hand up on his chin as if he's thinking of other reasons.

"I'm not even sure if I like girls.." He muttered. "Neither do I like boys.." He added, his voice low enough to be inaudible.

"It's really getting dark!" Hinata said. "Well then, Bye Kageyama!"

"Uh- I like volleyball the same as you like it too! That's the only mutual feelings we had for each other and the only thing that I liked, I guess." Hinata said and waved goodbye.

"Ah- second thought, I like you too, Kageyama! I can't do the insane freak without you." Hinata added as he stopped on his tracks.

He gestured as if he's thinking again. "Well, I hope you find out your sexuality soon!" And with that Hinata laughed and sprinted towards his house.

"What the- Hinata you dumbass! I'm not confused with my sexuality!" Kageyama exclaimed.

Hinata looked back at Kageyama and saw him laughing. "You should smile more BAKAgeyama!" He shouted from the distance.

"What was that for?! You dumbass!" Kageyama exclaimed once again.

"Wait! Let me help you.." Hinata said. He ran towards Kageyama.

"What?" The latter asked, his brows furrowed in confusion.

"Close your eyes.." Hinata whispered.

Kageyama tried protesting saying "Why would I?" And "What mischief are you into this time?" But was shushed by Hinata.

"Close.." Hinata said again.

Kageyama, irritated, closed his eyes.

'It's really dark now, I think it's about 6pm now.. I'm really gonna be yelled at.'

The solar light posts turned on one after another.

Kageyama suddenly flinches when he felt another pair of lips met his. It was strong and forceful, which soon became soft and gentle. Before he realize what had happened, the fact that Hinata's actually kissing him, his lips were gone and his forehead was leaning against his own, silver eyes staring into brown eyes. They were full of gratefulness, happiness, desperation affection and tenderness.

Once the realization of what his actions implied sunk in, Hinata gave him the brightest smile he could make, his own eyes reflecting the feelings he had tried to keep hidden for a long time.

"I'm glad you didn't have any feelings for anyone other than volleyball. I've been thinking about my feelings for you for some time now.. It's not the same feeling I felt for anyone.." Hinata muttered.

"I'm really glad.." He said again and flashed a big smile.

Kageyama, stunned, pulled Hinata closer. You call that 'Hugging', okay.

"You don't have to pay back the five hundred yen.. I can easily convince my old hag. That'll be your Christmas gift and this'll be mine." Kageyama whispered, still hugging Hinata, maybe to hide his embarrassment or his red flushed face.

"Hey Hinata! You're so late!" A voice called from afar.
The two of them instantly pushed each other away.

"Well then, b-bye Kageyama!" Hinata waved goodbye, his bright smile never fading.

Kageyama smirked, "See ya'" He waved.

That's the best Christmas Gift I ever had..

Check out my another KageHina  one-shot!

https://my.w.tt/s5mYmUn0Qbb

Thank you so much for reading!!