Chapter 12

The day ended as quickly as it came. Erika met up with her friends to get a ride home and Jason kept texting her during class and even offered her a ride but she politely declined because she already promised her friends she'd ride with them. Lisa wasn't home when Erika came back because she had to meet up with her ex to talk some things through.

Erika felt worried about all the stress Lisa's been put through but she was so persistent on repairing her relationship with Kent that Erika had to let her go even if Erika was against it. Erika threatened Kent on the phone and he promised her he wouldn't do anything bad to Lisa.

She took a short shower and started looking through her closet for some clothes to wear.

Thankfully Lisa had already done the laundry and the clothes in her closet are neatly arranged just as she'd promised. She changed into a black and white sweetheart neckline dress matched with some black and white scarpin shoes. She packed the things she needed for work and added her textbook and notes so she can study during her free time.

When she arrived at work she greeted Linda and some of her favorite customers.

"Hey Erika will you be singing again?" One of them asked.

"Yeah, I'll be playing the piano today. Any requests?" Erika replied. It's always enjoyable for her to see people liking her music and that's what brought this music store to life.

"Is that guy you performed with the other day coming again? You guys sing so well together" Another customer asked.

"I'm not sure if he will be coming in today" Erika responded politely and continued chatting with the others. After a couple of minutes Linda asked her to get back to work and Erika politely declined the other customers who still wanted to chat with her.

"Excuse me but I gotta get back to work" Erika still had things to do and she had been looking forward to playing the piano for a while since she'd just learned a new song the other day. She asked Linda if she could play the piano first before she starts her job and.

"Oh go ahead dear, you'll bring in more customers with that wonderful voice of yours"

She started practicing for a while then when she finally got the hang of it she performed the entire song.

Her music drew a lot of attention from the people outside who came to watch her sing and play. Whenever her fingers touched the black and white keys of the piano she gets lost in the melody of the song to the point where she forgot that there are actually people in the room.

After her performance the people who were watching clapped their hands and some of them started chatting to her while the rest either left the store or looked around for a while. Erika started practicing another song when she felt someone else's presence behind her.

"I didn't know you played the piano" Jason said as he randomly pressed some keys on the piano.

"I've been playing since high school" Erika replied as she continued practicing while singing a few verses from the song.

"You have an amazing voice, do you know that?" Jason straddled the seat so he could face her. Erika looked at him and smiled.

"Thank you" She simply replied. Jason tried to copy her moves but Erika chuckled at his attempts to play the piano.

"Not like that. Here, let me teach you" Erika placed her hands on top of his and guided his hands while humming the tune under her breath. 

"There do it slowly and softly" Erika's touch was gentle on his. Jason tried to keep in pace with her as he watched her long fingers glide through the black and white keys.