Chapter 13

It was later the evening and Maya was at Josh's.
They have been hanging out a lot in the past two weeks even though Josh would have wanted it different.
They were watching a old car race when Josh realized something was wrong.
It wasn't as much about what they watched but about something else.
Josh switched the television off and looked at Maya.

"Okay, what is it? You seem annoyed," Josh said.
"More irrated. My parents are yet again away from home. They went to LA for three weeks. I won't be seeing them until the week after Thanksgiving so I don't actually know what I'm gonna do this year. I really wish in times like this your brother was still here," Maya said.
"What is stopping us from doing something? Come on, Maya. I think we can do with some time together. Plus Joseph and Sofia are also here during the holidays so we might as well hold something big. What do you say?" Josh asked and Maya smiled as Josh threw his arm around her shoulder.
"Huh? We have a deal?" Josh asked and Maya nods.
"Yeah. What would I have done without you? The is actually really starting to look like everything is falling apart and you keep on picking up the pieces," Maya said.
"Anytime. Just tell me what to do to turk that frown upside down?" Josh asked and Maya laughed giving him a kiss on the cheek.
"You don't have to do anything. I really do enjoy being around you. The year is going by so quick. It's November, 9th. Soon this year had also seen its butt. Can you believe it's almost over? Feels like the other day when Riley left and now it's been nine months later," Maya said.
" Yeah, I can't. Okay what about something to eat?" Josh asked ad he jumps up.
" Nah, I have to head back home," Maya said.
"Knowing you, you are literally not eating. Stay a little longer then I'll make us some dinner," Josh said.
" Okay, what damage can it do?" Maya asked.
"Yeah, what damage can it cause?"