E

*_*_*

*_*_*

"Welcome to Starbucks. How may I serve you?"

"Hi, I need a grande iced coffee with vanilla, 2% milk, easy ice, and two shots of expresso."

"Name?"

"Lacey."

The cashier looks up at me after he writes my name.

"What?" I asked, my eyebrows raised in curiosity.

"You're Dayton's girl, huh?" He smirked.

"What makes you say that?"

"Your name. I hear it practically all the time, but I've never seen you in person before." His eyes glance over me, starstruck. "Wow. I feel like I'm meeting a celebrity."

"You can look but can't touch."

His eyes darken. "What if I want to touch?"

"Then I will knock your teeth in."

"Kinky."

I roll my eyes. "So, how much do I owe-"

"Dayton didn't tell us you're prettier in person."

I blush slightly. "Um, thanks."

"Are you hitting on my girlfriend, Ethan?" The deep voice threatened to the cashier as an arm snakes around my shoulders.

"I'm n-not." Ethan, the cashier, stuttered.

"Good because if you are, I'm going to kick your-"

"Settle down, Dayton." I mumbled, wrapping an arm around his waist. "You can't kick his ass, even if you wanted to. Being violent is not your thing."

Dayton's dark eyes soften when he looks down at me. "You're right. Being violent is your thing."

"Damn right it is." I smirked.

"How much is her drink?" He asked, pulling out his wallet.

I shove his hands away from his pockets. "I got it."

"Let me pay for it."

"I'm an independent woman who can buy her own damn drinks. I don't need you to keep buying my coffee every time I come in here."

"I've been buying you coffee ever since we started dating. Don't break that tradition now." He muttered, handing Ethan a five dollar bill.

"Maybe I should dump you so I can pay for my own coffee again." I smirked, making him glare at me.

"Does this mean you're available?" Ethan asked, glancing at Dayton with a smirk.

"No, she's not." He replied coldly. "Quit staring at something you can't have."

Ethan mumbles under his breath and hands Dayton his change, then he walks off to make my drink.

I whistle lowly. "Damn, Dayton."