Chapter 19: Munch Values

"So, what's this going to be like?" August asked as they pulled into the parking lot of the steak buffet. The question was directed at all of them, though she was seated in front with Master. Chloe hesitated in her answer, but Mittens responded right on cue.

"You've never been to a buffet before?" She teased. "Well, if you like to eat, it's a dream come true."

August glared back at her with a mock withering look. They'd become instant friends the moment they'd met, already falling into a casual picking on each other that usually comes from having known someone for a while. Chloe envied that, as she still felt a slight awkwardness with her new friend.

"I've been to a buffet before, pussy-cat." She responded wryly, playing straight man for this one, though she'd just as often been the one needling Mittens. "In fact, I go to THIS one at least once a month. They have amazing fried chicken."

She looked more pointedly at Master, whom she had already surmised would be most likely to give her a serious answer. "Is there anything I need to know about conduct or anything, Sir?" Though Master had told her she was welcome to call him 'James', she's opted to try to always show him respect as a Dominant since she'd come over one night for dinner and the four of them had discussed a bit about the lifestyle.

Chloe felt a slight flush of warmth as her mind drifted to that evening. She and August had spent a couple of hours after dinner in the Dungeon, showing off some of the equipment and toys. Mittens and Master had both encouraged her to spend some time alone together, telling her that both liked her new friend and approved. However, she couldn't fully dispel the sense of slight awkwardness she felt without them there.

There had been nothing explicit or sexual in the tour, though both had playfully swatted each other with a few things and she's let August try out being buckled into a few different restraints. However, there had been a very brief, if passionate, bit of kissing. They'd lounged among the cushions used for aftercare, cuddling and making out. During their embrace, Chloe had let her natural instincts go, relishing the taste of August's lips, the feel of her hands as they ran through her hair and caressed her arms and face.

Afterwards though, once August had left for the evening, she'd felt a strong sense of guilt, like she'd done something wrong. Master, in all his wonderfulness, picked up on it instantly and the three of them sat down and talked together, letting her know that neither of them felt she had anything to feel guilty for. As though to prove it, they all spent an hour in the play room, Mittens and Master lovingly showering her with attentions.

Despite their best efforts and intentions though, she was unable to fully shake off her sense of awkwardness with it all. While she'd enjoyed the feel of being with August and found her very appealing, had even occasionally replayed the feel of kissing her in her mind, it just didn't feel quite right. Like it was too much of play and not enough emotions. She'd decided that, while she had no intention of breaking ties with August, she simply didn't want to pursue anything deeper.

Luckily, August seemed not to press it any further either, though a general sense of flirtation permanently remained. However, it seemed a shared flirtation with all three of them, never more though. They'd all become good friends and August had become deeply interested in getting more involved in the lifestyle. Master had agreed to play protector for her and Mittens and Chloe had become mentors.

"I think you'll be surprised how normal this is going to be, really." Master was saying. "This is really more just a way for friends to get together and visit than anything formal. It can get a little candid, but probably no more than you'd expect if you were getting together with a bunch of your vanilla friends."