Twenty-three: He hurt us, I wont forgive him

(PEEP TANJIRO AND RUKIKA MOMENT, credit to whoever the template belongs to)

(Returning back to Rukika's pov for the meantime)

Fear ran over my body. I couldn't move, not even from anger. 'He has my brother.' It's like the world around me no longer existed.

"Please don't act in your own, Shinazugawa-San." Shinobu said. She was very unamused.

'If you hurt him, it will be your head that hits the ground faster than Rikiya's'

"What's a demon to you, kids? You can fight with it and protect people as demon hunters? We'll see about that..." Shinazugawa instantly stabbed in sword through both of our boxes. "THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE YOU MORONS!!"

Blood dripped from both of our boxes. But no sound was made.

"RIKIYA!!" Was all the left my mouth. Tanjiro's yell was laced with pain. "I WILL NEVER FORGIVE ANYBODY!! PILLAR OR WHATEVER!! WHO HURTS MY FAMILY!!" Tanjiro broke from the grip of the helpers and jolted towards the scar faced pillar. His forehead came into contact with Tanjiro's instantly causing them to both fall back.

In the ruckus I broke free and grabbed by brother's box, with my hands still bound behind my back I sat with my brother's box behind me. Tanjiro joined be seconds later, sitting close enough to me to grab my hand.

"Thank you...Tanjiro." I looked at him. "For helping me."

Tanjiro's look on his face made me become flustered.

(Tanjiro's view of Rukika Rn: "Thank you...Tanjiro." Her smile as she talked made me stop breathing for a second. "For helping me."
I couldn't help but feel something for her ever since Mountain Natagumo, as the flames lit around her. The image of her eyes being filled with the intention of saving someone she loved, it made me feel something. And right now, her eyes were filled with the same intuition of saving something she care for. )

(It's Rukika's point of view now)

"Damn you..." Shinazugawa spoke yo Tanjiro as blood seeped from his nose.

"If you can't tell a good demon from the bad ones you should stop being a pillar!!" Tanjiro's attention was back to the dangerous man in front of him.

"I'll rip you to shreds!!"

Tanjiro's hand gripped mine tighter. It wasn't fear, it was anger.

"He hurt us, I won't forgive him." Tanjiro whispered loud enough for me to hear.

"Tanjiro...I.."

"OYAKATA-SAMA IS VISITING!!" A small girl's voice announced from behind Tanjiro's and I. In shock we both turned around.

"You you have come. My cute swordsmen."