Episode 1: A Dream seemingly far from possibility

A black man rushed through the midst of people in smart white and black clothings. His expression and uncombed hair revealed that he seemed to be late for something that looked very important to him.
     A white woman who had been standing in front of a huge crowd spoke excitedly on a project she dreamed on accomplishing in the next three months.
     The man took a sharp turn to his right and bolted for a door metres away from him. He struggled to hold on to his laptop which nearly slipped out from his hands several times as he ran disorderly.
     A white man appeared after the woman left and smiled at the crowd who were already cheering for the woman after she had finished her presentation. Dressed in a white suit with an inner white shirt, a black tie and a pair of black shoes, he looked at a list on his left and announced," And the next person to present his dream project is... Okpeta Lekoje John!".
     The black man barged through the door of the back stage, went pass the camera crew, came into the stage after passing through the large red curtains. He was welcomed by the standing ovation of the crowd, even though he wasn't dressed properly as he wore a blue buttoned shirt and a pair of black faded jeans that weren't even ironed and looked squeezed. He smiled stylishly at the crowd and walked towards a stand where he placed his laptop on.
    The white man gave him the mic and whispered into his ears," Where are you late dumbass? Why didn't you arrived like you use to before?".
     Lekoje smiled and whispered back," Sorry Charles. I overslept this time. The more important thing is that I'm here now, aren't I?".
     " I guess so. At least I'm finally going to see what you have in mind for the future", replied Charles who patted Lekoje on his left shoulder and began walking away," Blow us away Leko".
     Lekoje smiled and winked at him. He then faced the numerous pairs of eyes that stared back into his in utter anticipation. He sighed, cleared his throat, opened his laptop, tapped a few buttons once it booted and spoke while large holographic images appeared behind him from a small projector on the ceiling to illustrate what he was saying:
     " Happy New Year to my prestigious colleagues...", he paused, cooled down and continued," Greetings once again. I am very honoured to come before you all today to present my dream project which I hope that it will come into reality in the nearest future. This project was born when I became interested in software and programming. For some of you that are very keen into what I do, you would notice that most of my successful projects have been done through the use of holograms. Devices like the Digicom A1 which is as small as a flash drive but has far better qualities than a smartphone because of his holographic-user interface and other qualities are all related to holograms. To be frank, I try as much as possible to think outside the box. People usually see holograms as virtual screens or images which we tap on like floating phones, but I view them from a very different perspective. Ladies and gentlemen, without wasting any further, my dream project is to make holographic images become a reality!".
     Murmurs immediately spread round the crowd when he revealed his dream project to them. Is he crazy? What is he talking about? Making holograms become real? How does a black man like him coming from a poor country think of such an idea? Is he retarded?
     " Excuse me!", exclaimed a white man who stood up from the crowd while holding his pen high above his head. He wore big sunglasses with white lenses, a red shirt with black strips, a pair of black jeans, white socks and shoes," Your idea seems interesting but is logically impossible".
     " Never believe in that word Mr. Dan", replied Lekoje defensively," For I am a Joseph with dreams that will be made possible. Currently speaking, I have no theory for now to support this idea".
     " Then why make mention of it in the first place?", asked another man who stood from his seat as well. He obviously looked like a man ready to excite trouble for Lekoje, so he continued," It's strange for the smartest person in Digicom International Organisation to make such silly statements that can't be theoretically proven".
     Before Lekoje could defend himself again, other people stood up and poured out their disapproval. In a twinkle of an eye, the whole crowd were already booing him away without a second thought, while his friend Charles led him away from further embarrassment.

***
*LEKOJE'S POV*

     Why? I thought, why did they shout me away. Why not listen and correct me instead. Why does everybody disagrees with my dreams? Even my own family, my own brother, thinks that this great plan of mine is a whack. If only I had proof, then I did be the one laughing at their faces when I dream it possible.
     " What the hell was that?", asked Charles after he settled down in my office and sat opposite me, drawing me out from my thoughts," I thought you had something big, but you ended up disgracing yourself instead".
     " Why are you talking like this?", I retorted," Of course I have great ideas, and this is my biggest if you ask me!".
     " Urgh. You just don't get it do ya? How are you going to make a floating image animate?".
     " I... I don't know for now", I replied while looking at the floor," But I will know how, someday".
     " It's impossible Leko. The chances for such to happen is very slim. We're in the twenty-first century and you're acting like we're in the thirty-first century".
(Note: Literally implying that such idea cannot occur in this present time but in the future)
     " Stop saying that word!", I yelled angrily at him," You don't know what it truly means. I hate that word since the first day I heard it  and it makes me sick. You know what, just leave Charles. You're already pissing me off like this".
     Charles sighed and stood on his feet," Alright man. I'm sorry to make you sad. I'll leave now to get back to work, but I'll really encourage you to forget such fantasies and stick to something more meaningful and productive that can make people proud, especially me".
     He turned and left my office. I relaxed in my rotating chair and sighed. Charles too didn't believe, I thought. No one does. They will never understand until I hopefully come up with something that will leave the whole world questioning. This has been a childhood dream, something that I had been clinging on to for years, ignoring the ignoramous remarks made by all those who think that I'm just dreaming of a fairy tale.
     I have to show them that my dreams are real.
     I have to make this a reality.
     How do I achieve this? You ask.
     By theorizing, researching, experimenting. Not giving up on this project.
     Until I dream it possible.