Episode 14: A Potential Love Life

*THRID PERSON POV*
Lady Sharon's Villa, New York, 8:30pm

     A woman wearing an elegant multi colour peacock dressing paced about in her splendid living room, worried and distressed. She brought out her phone and dialed a number. It rang several times but the receiver didn't pick up the call.
     " Why isn't he answering me?", she asked herself in anxiety.
     Outside the Villa, three men, all in their underwear, wearing horrid smells and having injuries, stumbled upon the gates of the Villa and called out to the guards to let them in. The guards recognized them immediately and opened the gates for them. One of the guards left his fellows and went to inform the woman.
     " Lady Sharon", he said as he entered the room and caught sight of his worried mistress," The men you sent to pick up Mr. Okpeta have arrived".
     " Are they alright?", she asked with concern.
     " They aren't, My Lady. They told us that they were attacked by some men and got locked up in a dumpster. They managed to escape and came back as soon as possible. They were robbed of their clothes as well".
     " My God. So that means...".
     Her phone suddenly viberated and took her attention. She brought it out and saw that she had an incoming call. She looked at the guard who nodded his head in approval, then answered and said," Lady Sharon speaking".
     " Don't be so worried about me, My Lady", Lekoje said as he stood in a telephone boot.
     She breathed a sign of relief," Thank goodness. What happened to you?".
     " Got kidnapped by some people. Managed to escape without a scratch and I'm calling ya in a telephone booth Downtown".
     " Tell me where you are. My men can bring you back and you can spend the night here", she offered with a just-accept look on her face.
     " Lovely offer, humbly rejected", he said with a chuckle," I've got my own ride and know my way back home".
     " And which ride is that?".
     " A nice Suzuki ready to hit the road".
     " Don't remember seeing you on a sports bike Mr. Okpeta".
     " Then I'll guess you'll soon be seeing me in one. I'll end it here".
     " No wait. Don't...". Too late. He cut the line without her approval.
     He placed the phone back in the booth and walked out from it. When he looked round and was sure no one was watching, he stretched forth his hand at the road and concentrated. Sweat poured out as he constructed a hologram of a black Suzuki GSX-R750, then shaped it into reality. It was the first complex thing he had made, and he was thankful he saw it's original parked in front of a restaurant two blocks away from the booth. He had studied it for a long time, taking note of the engines and the fuel. It took the suspicious look and tongue-lashing words of the owner to drive him away from it, making him to apologise while retreating.
     None of that mattered anyway. He had discovered something out of the ordinary, and he wanted to make sure that he got home as fast as possible and browse out a lot of things online.

***
*LEKOJE'S POV*

     If you think the story was rushed, then you were right. The inclusion of Lady Sharon actually caused a few problems, and more yet to come. However, it's more important to know about a character than what they are capable of.
     Sharon Quin Cordney, also called Lady Sharon by many, was a descendant of the rich Sharon family. Her great grandfather was formerly as poor as rats, until he meddled his way in gambling and hit the jackpot. Later became a businessman and ventured into all sorts of things. Most of his projects became hits while others failed woefully. Still, he did a lot of great things before passing on the baton to his seeds.
     Lady Sharon received all the inheritance left behind by her father. She had a twin whom little information was known about her, and Cordney was never in a mood to talk about her. It had something to do about sicknesses and the likes. Thus, she became the only heir, and what did she do to them? Confirmed the board of directors in each company and monitored them so that they would be completely honest and contented. The bad eggs were always found out sooner or later because Cordney was somewhat a Sherlock Holmes. She remembered even the unnecessary details about almost everybody, most especially me. She had invited me for a chat at her place, a strange and rare chance for many other men who eyed her because of her perfect figure. I had the feeling that the friendly chat was more than what the eyes could see.
     She'd had an ex-finace, a dumbass who cheated on her with her best friend. She found out the next day, much to their surprise, and nearly killed them, most especially her former friend. The latter was rumoured to fled from the continent and settled in England, while the rich lover was now pushing trucks to have food in his stomach.
     To put it this way, Lady Sharon was the most feared of the Sharons than any other. And it wasn't money that made her that powerful, her inventions did. Funny enough, she was an engineer, mechanic, robotic inventor, name it. Her own personal business glowed more than the family's lifelong businesses, and even her dresses had one or two things to frighten any intruder.
     But currently, my company reigned above hers currently, and instead of being rivals, she became quite fond of me and dug into my life from her informants, and the more she knew, the more interested she became.

***

     It was around eight-thirty in the morning. I had taken breakfast and sat behind my laptop to begin my day. I had already called and told my secretary that I wouldn't be available today as I would be taking a day or two off. I knew Charles was either going to call or meet me at home, and I was prepared for both.
     Immediately I hit the Google search page, I opened multiple tabs and searched for cars, clothes, sci-fi terms and the likes. Once I grasped an understanding of what they were made of and how they functioned, my mind would store them in my memory like a hard disk, items of future use. Then I move in to weapons and also searched for the sci-fi ones. The data that was too complex were saved on the laptop for further comprehending.
     Then I paused and realized what I've been doing. True that a human mind holds enough information like an encyclopedia, but for it to remember every detail of every item and even go deeper into it's chemical compositions was just too much. I stared at my own hands for a moment, wondering how the hell did things ended up like this.
     It was then I remembered, in a flash,  the meteor striking the ground in front of me, the energy surging into my body, feeding me with powers I knew not. However, the memories were painful, and as I held my head, green energy sparked from my hands and faded once I regained myself. But what I saw in my trance was the figures of two individuals. One looked like a mage and the other a fearsome inventor. The first was bluish in colour while the other was dark green.
     A knock was heard on the door, not giving me time to dwell on what had happened. Startled, I left my seat and opened the door to find the lovely eyes of Lady Sharon staring back at me.
     " Good morning Mr. Okpeta", she said in a humble lady-like accent," I guess we'll have our little chat right here then?".
     Still hellbent, huh? I thought. Was wondering when you'd just give up and let me be. In that case...
     " I guess so", I replied with a shrug.
     " Glad to hear that. Well then, shall we?".
     " Right this way, My Lady", I moved and granted her permission. She cat walked into my house and brushed me with her fan. Just hoped she was here for business, and not to seek a potential boyfriend.
     " Your secretary told me you weren't at work, so I thought you'd be packing your things. Nice place you've got here, nonetheless", she commented as she sat on the sofa," Cost a fortune?".
     " Not really", he replied and sat on an armchair beside her.
     " Would you mind telling me what happened yesterday?".
     " Got kidnapped, miraculously escaped, and now I'm here".
     " How did you escape?".
     " I can't explain that for now, My Lady".
     " Call me Cordney, and why?".
     He sighed and said," You won't understand".
     She adjusted herself to the edge of the sofa and asked," How won't I?".
     " You like to ask a lot of questions".
     " And you like to deviate".
     He shrugged and frowned," Anyway, that's not the only reason why you're here, is it?".
     " Of course not. I'm here because of you, Mr. Lekoje".
     " You have an interest?".
     " You can say that again", she replied and smiled.
     He hesitated for a while, and because of that she asked," Still courting over your ex?".
     " Kind of".
     " I'm guessing she didn't leave you because of your dreams".
     " And why do you say that, My Lady?".
     " Cordney  please. Her motives seem bizarre and secretive, no offense".
     " I guess you're right. Maybe I'll have to forget her for the moment".
     " Are you saying you're interested?", she asked with a curious look.
     " Let's give it a try then", he replied, smiled and giggled," Where shall we meet?".
     " An Italian Restaurant named Alessandro and Marco's restaurant. I believe you're familiar with the place".
     " I have, but never been there before. Always wanted to be there".
     " Well you can thank me later than", she said as she stood up from the sofa.
     " Leaving so soon?", he asked, a little disappointed.
     " Unfortunately, yes. I'm a busy woman Mr. Okpeta. I'll just let you know that I look forward to partnering with your company", she replied and began to take her leave.
     " Cordney", I called out before she opened the door," You forgot to call me Lekoje".
     She blushed and winked a smile at him," Thought you wouldn't notice. And I'm glad that you spend quite a lot studying sci-fi inventions. Guess we have quite a lot in common".
     She kissed her right palm and blew it towards him, then shut the door behind her. We did had a lot in common, surprisingly, but she was more strange than me. Having an unknown sister, an absolute knowledge about me(and most of my movements)and many more mysteries hidden from the light.
     But to be honest, I think I was falling in love myself.