Chapter 1: Not The Porn Star Pippi

It's that damn song, that old one that I used to blast in my bedroom with Kate and Vince before everything in this life went to shit. Yet even here and now, it's just as energetic and uplifting as it used to be. Despite the loss, the heavy grief and endless cycle of bad luck.

Even in this wild and chaotic scene I'm strutting through now.

"I think we're alone now, there doesn't seem to be anyone aro-ound."

Who was it by again? I've listened to it a thousand times and yet I'm not sure I'll ever remember.

Steadying my breathing, I listened for the small yet light footsteps disrupting my train of thought. My mind switching through thousands of old bands and artists to answer my insightful question.

This will drive me insane if I don't figure it out.

Gripping the metal pole in my hand, the cold felt good in the contrast to my hot and sweating palms. I stared at the dry blood that sat along my flesh like war paint. Only this war was two against fifteen and hopelessly, I'm one of the two.

It's a lot less men than last times ambush, I never knew Ben's teachings would be useful but here I am. Last time it was twenty plus men, now it's fifteen. If that.

I guess they're tired of losing men.

Standing, I swung the pole into his arm twisting the pole twice while the tip of the pole knocked the gun from his hand.

I've watched a bit too much Kill Bill and Charlie's Angels in the last couple months. I blame Pippi Longstocking-I mean Annie.

The sound of the gun falling to the tiled floor echoed through the sound of the song that blasted. Shit, there goes my cover.

Jabbing the pole to his nose, I listened as the song kicked back up again. When I get out of here I'll be singing this song in my sleep. I watched the man stumble back before falling to the ground holding his bleeding nose.

Was it the Four Tops? No, not them.

Who the hell is it?

"I think we're alone now, there doesn't seem to be anyone around."

Singing softly, I ducked behind one of the crates and watched as one of his men ran to his side.

Annie's voice shouted from the back, "Tommy something!" She said proudly.

Right! Tommy James!

I smiled "That's the guy, thanks Pippi." I called back catching the attention of two of the guys.

Slamming the pole into the gingers head, I listened as the song started over again. This endless cycle of repeating tossing me back to an easier time.

Jabbing my elbow into the other guys nose, I turned and gripped his head slamming my knee and his face into a hard contact.

"Give it up Lana! Come on Annie, let's just settle down alright?" Ace's voice came from the center of the room and I smirked at his stupid decision to ask me to 'give up' again.

It's been two months of this shit, running around and trying to find Michael again. Stupid Annie forgot the address and after many attempts to make her remember, I realized her ex must've fried the girls brain cells or melted them with extensive meth.