Chapter 19

oO Arendelle: Spring Oo

"Why is it a Queen can be a Queen without a husband but a Prince can't be a King without a wife?" A frustrated breath left Anna's lips as she flipped through books on Arendelle Law.

"Because beside every good man there is a woman keeping him loyal and true." Kristoff smiled encouragingly coming into the study with a tray of chocolates, his mouth opening and closing as Anna continued in her rant.

"Then why can't a man become King if he marries a Queen?" Another frustrated growl left her throat as she slapped the book closed in front of her. However, when the smell of chocolate reached her nose her brow relaxed and she finally gave her attention to the man coming to stand beside the desk. Her head tilted back to accept the kiss from her very soon-to-be husband.

"Because a Queen can stand all on her own." Elsa pushed open the doors to the study with a dramatic flare and a bright smile on her face. Her white dress fluttering behind her as she walked with great confidence towards her sister.

"Elsa!" The scraping of a chair and a flurry of rushed by papers followed the proclamation, "You're here!" Anna wrapped her arms tight around her sister, falling heavily into her open arms, "Finally!"

Elsa took a small step back to keep her balance but her hug was no less tight. When they pulled apart she gave her a brilliant smile, "Sorry to make you wait. Traveling by road took longer than I thought it would." Elsa accepted the much gentler hug from Kristoff, "Oh, and Ryder made us stop for snacks."

Elsa shook her head at the goofy look over Kristoff's face and before he could ask she answered, "He's in the stables. No doubt spoiling Sven with carrots from the early harvest."

"Go." Anna rolled her eyes, once more cutting off Kristoff before he could ask, "Paint the town!"

"We'll be back for dinner!" Kristoff was already moving towards the doors as he spoke. He very much didn't like being in the castle anymore than he had to. Of course, he loved spending time there with Anna but when she was working he always found things to do that allowed him to breathe in the fresh mountain air.

"Boys." Anna shrugged with a small chuckle before her previous issue pulled her smile into a frown, "Men…men wrote these laws, didn't they?"

Elsa turned her gaze to the messy stacks of books covering the desk she once felt trapped behind, "Most likely." She could see the weight growing on her sister's shoulders. It wasn't uncommon for Anna to seek her advice on certain matters, in fact, she had been there for her during the first few weeks of being Queen. Helping her sort this and that, how to prioritize problems so as not to become overwhelmed.

"Let's see what we can do." Elsa pulled her gently towards the desk. Letting Anna sit back down, she gingerly propped herself along the surface pulling one of the top most books closer, "Are my glasses still-"

"Right here." Anna had already begun to open the center drawer, pulling out the magnifying glasses that she often had to use with the older texts, "Here you are."

"Thank you," Elsa easily slipped them on before her eyes steadily scanned the pages. Her speed for reading nearly three times that of her sister's.

oOo

"You're so tan," A jingly flirtatious giggle.