[63] The Third Night-IV

Silence had settled for a minute around the forest. Natalie's sobs were the only sound we could hear.

"Please don't fight," she choked out again, her shoulders shaking in remorse.

To my surprise, Axel started walking towards her. Thomas flared his nostrils and made a move to stop him. But I started walking to stop Thomas only.

I grabbed his injured hand and winced while looking at his bloodied knuckles. But his eyes were focused on Axel.

I too raised my gaze and caught him standing beside Natalie, quietly.

"We are mates, Natalie." He spoke with utter seriousness.

Natalie let out another hard cry while Thomas fisted his hand again.

"Let them talk for once," I whispered to him frustratingly. Thomas blinked while looking at them. "Let. Them. Talk. Thomas, he is speaking the truth. Even Stephen had mentioned his confusion for Natalie to me."

Thomas' face turned angrier while he turned around and crossed his arms across his naked chest, blanket tightly wrapped around his waist.

"Look, we have said so many things to each other and never talked for real. I didn't even have anything against you. But you were just so greedy over fighting with me on your brother's behalf," said Axel, hesitatingly.

Natalie sniffled while looking up at him through tears. "You bullied him for no reason," she choked out.

Axel sucked in a breath, his gaze moving all over her. "That was between him and I. You didn't have to-"

"Oh? I will always be there for him!" She cut him off angrily and let out another sob.

Axel closed his eyes and nodded calmly. He opened them to announce, "Look. I will talk to him. But first, you tell me. Don't you feel anything? I am telling you something so important. We are mates. Do you know what that means? That whatever happened between us on the full moon night wasn't some tragedy. I wasn't a mad beast, newly shifted and uncontrolled. I was pulled towards you because we have a bond to share."

Natalie's sobs calmed down while she removed her hands from her face and looked at him shakily.

Axel was looking down at her sincerely. "You too put your hand on my cheek," he said softly, touching his left cheek absentmindedly and winced when realized Thomas had punched him there only.

I was smiling so goofily, totally lost in enjoying the scene. When all of a sudden, Thomas kicked the truck hard, making me jump.

He walked around the truck and removed the thick cloth from the luggage a little. He pulled out a duffel bag in which some of the night suits were folded. "He must be lying!"

He brought out a black top and a stretchable pant of mine. I looked away when he hid himself behind the truck's front part and I turned my gaze on the couple I had been shipping secretly.

"He isn't lying. Even Natalie likes him," I muttered, making Thomas chuckle humorlessly. "She is just more focused on fighting with him because of you."

My breathe stuck when Thomas's glare fell on me. He bent down and put the blanket on the hood of truck.

". . . You don't have to be scared of those Lycans anymore. You won't be going to any other pack. You will always be close to your family members. Where were you even running away to? The city? You don't have to. I am going to announce it to your parents that you are mine. Everything will be fine," said Axel softly, leaning himself lower to match her height.