[15] The Fall Of Ronyn

"Beware of Lycans." 

My lower lip was swollen from being chewed in utter excitement. I was all ears for stories and secrets. This was my thing. Only I knew, how I spent the last day chewing up Thomas' head to tell me the rest of story while returning home and he didn't.

Today, Aunt Kate was active than ever. She had a yellow summer dress on and for some reason her belly seemed a little round for me because of the fitting of the dress. I decided to ask mom about it later. 

Rubbing my hands because of the sweat I felt from the continuous attention I was getting from Keira, Natalie and their six friends seated together in my back row. They were observing me and whispering continuously while I was trying hard to focus on the story.

'I wish your grandmother had warned you before your every sleep, Rucus. Women of other packs do,' Alpha Ronyn said evilly. He spat in disgust before grunting a kick in the chest of the almost-dead Alpha."

I pressed my lips tight as Aunt Kate sat down on the chair and sighed. Her eyes moved around and stopped for once at Natalie's group. Her jaws clenched as she immediately spoke out, "Keira and Natalie!"

The whispers stopped and all of a sudden the suspenseful environment turned intense. For a book reader like me, I was at the edge of my seat, cursing the girls for ruining the interesting class environment.

Aunt Kate had her eyebrows raised. "What do you both think of me? Just because, you are both closely related to me, you can be ignorant in my class?"

I hated when a passionate teacher would get disturbed like this. But for Aunt Kate, it was very disappointing that Keira being her own daughter wasn't listening to the lectures. I could see Natalie's cheeks reddening already. 

"I am doing this for you and the pack. Not for myself!" Aunt Kate said sternly while looking around. "Why isn't Eva present here? Its only the second lecture."

Natalie gulped before looking at Aunt Kate. Her fingers fidgeting from the stern gaze of her aunt. I bit my lip when she answered, "She is training with the brothers, Aunt Kate. She will take the notes from me, later on. She says, she has been attending these classes from last two years already."

Aunt Kate's jaws clenched while I shook my head in sorrow of getting so much time wasting.

"Oh! How of an achiever! Very responsible for being an Alpha's daughter."

Faint chuckles were heard and I was surprised that there were girls too who didn't like Eva that much. 

"Its not just the physical strength she needs to do the right," Aunt Kate told, almost everyone.

I looked at Natalie's face for last time when Aunt Kate cleared her throat and muttered, " Back to the story." Natalie was so red, she looked like a fox, ready to fill Eva's ears against her aunt. 

I turned around and looked at the self-esteemed woman, I had started to adore secretly.

"Alpha Rucus had tears in his eyes for the loss of lives he had suffered before he could suffer his own. He wanted to die before he could see his own people suffering as the thought had killed him thousands times. The howls turned faint as the Lycan brothers left the grounds after quenching their thirsts with innocents' blood and lust for purest of hearts.

"He cried. He cried remembering the promise he had made to his father. To take care of the pack his grandfather had built with hopes and hearts. This was the end, he thought. The chilly wind protected the dead pack from mixing into the mother Earth."

I breathed slowly and could see the flashes of the statue of Alpha Rucus in my mind, I had seen with Thomas that day.

"The Alpha closed his eyes in pain of the biggest loss, feeling the blood oozing out from his throat, the drops sliding beneath his head. He shook his head. He wanted to die and reach his loved ones that must have reached the moon already.