Leaving Hell

We got to my road and my skin color seemed to drain out of me, and I started to shake. Jake looked at me and put his hand on mine.

"It's gonna be fine Rayne. Trust me."

I just nodded and tried to stop shaking. We pulled in the driveway of a beautiful, two story house. It was a blue color, and it had flower beds around it, but the flowers had withered away. Yep. This is my house. We moved in here a few years before my mom found out she had cancer. After she died, I tried to keep the flower beds alive, but I started hiding in my room more when my step dad started drinking. I scanned the driveway. No car. Maybe he isn't here. Jake shut off the car and started getting out, then realized I was frozen. He opened my door and made me snap back to reality, and I quietly got out. We walked up to the house and went in. I didn't see my dad in the living room or kitchen. We proceeded to go to the basement, where my room was. I flipped on the light and made my way to my room. I grabbed a few boxes I saw around the basement and Jake helped get them to my room. I went to my closet and threw all my clothes into two big boxes. Jake was gently pulling down my posters and other things on my walls and placing them neatly into another box. I found a bag and went into my bathroom, throwing my straightener, makeup, and shower stuff into it. I went to my mirror and pulled it open, grabbing the rest of my things in there. I had Jake start taking boxes to the car. I pulled my pillows and blankets off my bed and carried them to the car.

"I only have a few things left to grab, if you want to stay out here," I told Jake.

He nodded and leaned up against the car. I returned to the house and went to my room again. I looked around, and noted the few things left. I found my other bag and threw them in it, including my camera, laptop and its charger. I found my few blades hidden around my room and put them in my pocket. I slung my bag over one shoulder, and went upstairs. I found my box of pictures of my mom and I from over the years and put it in my bag. I saw a few things that my mom had loved and grabbed them too. I walked out to Jake's car and climbed in, putting my bag on my lap.

"Ready?" He asked.

I nodded my head and he backed out of the driveway. He made it almost to the road, when I yelled for him to stop.

"WAIT!!" I shouted.

"What?!?!"

"Oh my goodness! How could I forget it???" I jumped out of his car and sprinted to the garage. I climbed into the attic and found the box. I grabbed it and started walking back out. I climbed back into the car, gently placing the box at my feet.

"What was all that about?"

"I'll show you later.." I replied. He pulled out of the driveway and turned to go to his house, which was about 30 minutes away because he moved to the other side of town. I'm finally gonna start the new life I've been dreaming about since my mom died. Finally. I drifted off to sleep, knowing that I didn't have to fear for my life tonight.

*****

A/N

Comment what you think is in the box :3