new friend - jihope

new friend - jihope
dom!hoseok
little!jimin
fluff!

    "Marbles, you need to be quiet!" Jimin whispered to the fluff ball that was hidden in his hoodie

The ball of fluff only yipped in response, grinning up at Jimin.

The boy huffed as he slowly opened the door to his apartment, his eyes widening when he saw Hoseok sitting on the couch. He wasn't supposed to be home yet!

Jimin glanced down at the puppy hidden inside his sweater, giving it a silent reminder to keep quiet before stepping into the apartment.

Hoseok looked over at the door with a smile, sitting up. "Jimin! I thought I'd come home earl—what's in your sweater?" he questioned.

Jimin gulped and looked down into his sweater before looking up at Hoseok. "It's uh... christmas present!" he said quickly, darting into their room and shutting the door behind himself.

"Oh ok—wait, wasn't christmas last week...?" Hoseok questioned, though it was obvious that Jimin couldn't hear him with the door closed.

"My goodness, Marbles!" Jimin breathed, taking the puppy out of his sweatshirt and placing him on top of the bed.

    Marbles wagged his tail and spun in a circle, looking up at Jimin with twinkling eyes, which caused the boy to coo and pet the puppy affectionately.

    See, Jimin was walking home from his shift at the diner down the block when he found the puppy sitting in a box on the sidewalk. Seemingly abandoned, Jimin decided to pick it up and cuddle it for a moment before setting it back down and bidding farewell, since he knew that Hoseok wouldn't approve of having a ball of fluff running around the apartment. But, the puppy whined and whimpered as Jimin walked away, and the boy felt so bad... he just had to take him home with him.

    And so, here they were. Jimin didn't know how he was gonna keep Marbles a secret from Hoseok, due to the puppy's tendency to yip every-so-often, as well as Hoseok's tendency to check up on Jimin every half hour—so Jimin knew he had to be quiet.

"Marbles, pleaaaase!" Jimin whined quietly, watching as the puppy nipped at the comforter on the bed. "Hobi's gonna see and get mad!"

Marbles yipped as Jimin picked him up and set him in a box with soft blankets and toys that Jimin didn't really like anymore at the bottom. "You gotta be quiet!"

"Whos gotta be quiet?"

Jimin turned a deep shade of red and looked over at the door where Hoseok stood, smiling down at the younger. The boy gulped and subtly pushed the box into the closet before standing up. "Nobody! I was just... talking to Barry!" he said, quickly picking up a stuffed rabbit and holding it out.

Hoseok raised a brow and chuckled, pulling Jimin into his arms and hugging him. "You feeling okay, baby? You're acting awfully str—WHAT THE HELL-"

As luck would have it, Marbles knocked down the box and came running toward Hoseok and Jimin, jumping around and yipping happily.

"Marbles!!" Jimin gasped, pulling away from Hoseok to pick the puppy up. "Bad. Dog!!"

Hoseok looked at Jimin with a confused look. "Where'd he come from?" he asked, gesturing toward the puppy.

Jimin looked up at Hoseok with a pout, his bottom lip trembling. "I-I'm sorry!! He was so cold and lonely, Hobi! Please don't be mad..."

Hoseok chuckled softly and shook his head, scratching behind one of Marbles' ears. "It's alright, baby. I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't tell me as soon as you got home. Were you that scared of my reaction?"

Jimin nodded and sniffled, holding the puppy close. "Y-Yeah... I thought you'd y-yell at me..." he murmured.

Hoseok sighed softly at that, looking at Jimin with a soft gaze. "Well, lets get some dog food and stuff from the pet store down the block, 'kay? I don't think it'd be much trouble having Marbles around."

Jimin looked up at Hoseok with big eyes, hope glimmering in his irises. "Really? You mean it, Hobi???"

Hoseok smiled and gently ruffled Jimin's hair. "Alright, baby. Let's go."

💖
i'm literally begging you to comment requests in my requests chapter—like i'm honestly out of ideas, babies 🥺