chapter one

[January]

1 month ago I applied for a position to be an assistant athletic trainer for the Milwaukee Brewers I applied to every college team in Wisconsin and Illinois for the same position. Joking with my dad "what if", knowing a 25 yearold fresh out of college. After not hearing from anyone I started to fear it was all for nothing.

I woke to my phone ringing answered with a groggy morning voice.

   "Hello"
   "Hello, is this Ocean Steven's?"
   "This is she,"
   "Hello this is David Stearns on behalf of the Milwaukee Brewers." I shot up out of bed and ran to my dads room shaking him awake. "One of our assistant athletic trainers recently announced his retirement to the club and we've reviewed your application and think you would be an amazing fit."
    "Wow Mr.Stearns this sounds like a dream thank you so much." I hit my dad leg trying to quietly get my excitement out.
"Of course, could you come in Wednesday the 14th at 10am for a tour, meet your teammates and to get a feel for it all,"
"Yes I can I will be there."
"Thank you for applying and well see you then have a good day."
"Thank you, you too."

I hung up the phone and jumped up screaming.

    "Jesus christ Oshie did you win fleetwood mac tickets, that's the only reason you'd be this happy?"
   "That was david Stearns!" His eyes got wide as he processed the words I just said.
    "My babys gonna be working for the Brewers?" I nodded my head up and down tears in my eyes. He pulled me to him and rubbed my back. "You deserve this sweetie, you worked for this."

The Wednesday tour was amazing I walked through the halls field with offices admiring the portraits of players. Taking a little longer to stare at the pieces from before I was a thought. I admired the simple plain atheletic training room that you would of thought was covered in gold the way I got so excited. I went in the club house and gasped at how big it was, there were more TVs in that one room then I ever owned in my life. I took in every square inch of the building and let out my excitement in the car. Letting out a little scream and then a big cry. Dreams were coming true right now, right here.