Chapter One

Chapter One

*Alverez's POV*

I woke up like any other day, I had gotten up took a shower, got dressed, made a cup of coffee, put it into a to go cup, and headed out the door. I got into my car, and headed to my college class.

I was going to school for Psychology. I wanted to pursue in a good career. I was driving on the highway when I tried to take a sip of my coffee, and I spilled it everywhere. I swerved off the road, but immediately got back on track. Mainly I was just pissed off that I got coffee on my pants.

The school day was like any other day. However that day, my friends kept telling me that the hottest girl in college wanted to go out with me. Which was pretty hard to believe. Her name was Maria. Very pretty, but oh my God did she give me a headache sometimes.

"Hi Alvarez" she said in a flirtatious way while waving her hand at me.

"Um, hey" I replied back, as nicely as I could.

"Are you busy tonight?" She asked while still smiling at me.

"Uh, yeah I'm busy writing a paper tonight sorry" I said with an awkward smile.

"Oh, that's such a bummer, because I'm having a party tonight, and wanted to know if you'd like to come" she said with that face that kinda looked like a dog begging for food.

"Yeah, no sorry I- I can't. Really big essay, maybe another time" I said with a forced smile.

I started walking away.

"If you end up finishing early! My address is 458 Lery Drive!" She yelled to me as I was already halfway down the hallway.

I waved my hand without looking back, and walked to my last class. After school, I headed to the library to finish up some missing work, and an essay. Not a long one though.

So all of you people thinking I lied guess what, I ain't no liar. I was just exaggerating the truth a bit.

After I got out of the library, I headed outside to my car. It was pouring out. I put my jacket over my head, and ran to my car. I got on the road, and headed towards the town cafe, so I could get something to eat. The sucky thing is, the cafe I go to is right by— wait for it— yup. You guessed it— Lery Drive.

As I was eating my burger, a very good burger may I add; I could literally hear the party going on. The loud banging music, the people talking or should I say yelling, flashing lights. I rolled my eyes, and finished my meal. It was around 11 o'clock when I got out of the cafe, and got back in my car. There was a person who looked like they were getting into their car to leave.

I bolted, hoping it wasn't her. I didn't buckle up— yeah—My mistake. Anyway, I pulled out, too fast. I started driving away, I looked back, I didn't see the car anywhere, I looked to the front again, and there was the car, swerving all over the place it almost hit my car. I swerved my car over before it could. When all of a sudden I see headlights coming at me. A giant truck hit me from the side—

And all I saw was black—