Chapter 14

Previously on Finding A Way..

I heard a crunching sound behind me. The sound of crunching leaves and sticks grew closer every second.

We all pulled out our guns. The person finally came out.

Oh. My. God.

Heather.

Oh. My. God. Heather!

"H-Heather?" I suddenly spoke. The other three just looked at me thinking how I know her.

"Kendal? Kendal!" Heather quietly shouted so no walkers could get us.

"Oh my god I can't believe your.. alive!" I hugged her tightly. But not to tightly where she can not breathe.

"Ya.. c-cant b-breathe." Heather said.

"I'm sorry, I just can't believe your..here." I told her.

"Look, once we find our group, I want you to meet someone. He is very, very important." I told her. She looked at me at confusing like.

"Is there a certain..guy? Kendal, you do realize we are in a zombie crisis here right?" she told me.

"I don't know, it sort of just.. happened I guess?" I smiled at her shyly.

"Well what's his name?" Heather said smirking.

"Carl. His name is Carl." I put a small smile just thinking about him.

"Well, we best get moving we can put these two lovebirds together again." She said. I chuckled at we response as we hit the road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was starting to become darker so we decided to wrap it up for the day and make a campfire.

Bob got the idea of wiring a few trees together and then putting stuff on their just in case the walkers run into them while we are sleeping so we can hear them.

And not get eatin alive.

I laid next to Heather an asked her how she'd survive.

"To be honest, I kind of took an atv from my camp and just drove it until it ran out of gas. Luckily it did because I ran into you guys." She said smiling at me.

I went in to hug her. We hugged each other tight. Carl and I used to hug like this, but now we can't.

"Hey, we'll find him." She smiled at me.

I nodded as we both drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with the sun shining bright. I looked to my side amd saw Heather. Her chest breathing up and down. I will not let anything happen to her. She is the only family I've got left.

I sat up and saw Maggie, Sasha, and Bob already up getting ready to go search.

I shook Heather gesturing her to wake up.

"Did you two sleep alright?" Sasha asked.

I smiled and nodded, "Yes."

"We better get moving if we are going to find the others." Maggie spoke up. I nodded as Heathers head rose, rubbing her eyes while at it.

"Sleep good?" I asked her.

"Well, we are in a zombie apocalypse, I slept alright for a change." She smiled as I leaned in and hugged her.

"Let's go."

~

"So what is Carl like, is he handsome, is he nice,-" I interrupted her.

"Heather! Once we find him you can see for yourself. And until then, stop asking questions." I told her as we continued on the long road ahead of us.

We heard a few crunches coming from the woods. About three walkers came out.

Maggie and Sasha handled it. I had my hand held onto Heathers.

So this is it. It's time we go find Carl. And the others of course.

~

I know I've said this a lot, but I have know idea what to write anymore.

Please help.

~J🦄