Chapter Eight

Elora woke up to the phone ringing loudly in her ear. She yawned and picked it up. "Hello?"

"Is this Elora?" A man asked.

"Yes." Elora replied with a tired voice.

"We have a few leads. Within a few days, we should be able to find them. Thanks for your help. We'll call if we have any other questions." Elora sighed.

"Thank you so much."

"Have a good day." The man hung up. Elora rolled out of bed. She felt like doing nothing. Her mind was completely focused on Adam. She stared at her smart phone. It was really useless, but she wanted to try anyway. She wanted to call Adam's number, and tell her that he was okay.

If anything it might make it worse. Elora thought. All of the possible situations ran through her head. But she had to, the urge was too strong. She picked up the phone and pressed three, having Adam on speed dial.

She paced her room as it rang and rang, hoping he would pick up. She began to end the call when it picked up. Nothing but shuffling was on the line.

Elora froze and waited for someone to speak.

"So I kind of lied about the phone thing.'' A female voice said.

"I helped you break them all!'' A second voice said.

"Well, I still have Adam's ."

"ARE YOU CRAZY? The police could track it!''

"I don't know, maybe we could just tell them that we aren't going to hurt them that much."

Elora sat on her bed and clung to every word and made mental notes.

"Tell them? Are you going to call it back?"

"They are on the line right now!"

"Skyler are you stupid! They can hear us."

"The name was tagged under Girlfriend and a bunch of hearts."

"Maybe..maybe Adam wants to talk to them." Shuffling began again.

"Skyler are you okay?"

"Sorry. It was from the medicine again. The side effects last so long."

"Let's go down and see." More shuffling and moving around happened for about thirty seconds.

"Hey, person, are you still on here?" The girl named Skyler asked.

"Yes." Elora said with a shaky voice.

"Hey guys. We have a phone call for someone."

"You lied." Jerome said in the background. Elora's heart skipped a beat.

"Now, we don't really trust you, so it is just going to be on speaker phone. Got it?" The girl said. Elora heard a tapping sound on the phone.

"Speak, girlfriend." One of the girls said. Elora's voice was all over the place."H-hello?"

"Elora?" Adam's yelled, almost in a panic. Elora smiled to herself. At least he is alive. Static went through the phone. "Sorry about the static." The unnamed girl muttered.

"Are you okay? Where are you?" She said loudly. "We're fine, but I don't know where we are."

"The police are going to find you. They've already found out a lot. Everyone's families are worried sick. All of your YouTube channels and Twitter is blowing up."

"Okay, that's enough for now." Skyler said.

"Wait!'' Elora yelled. "Have the hammer?"

"Yep."

"Bye Elora!" The girl called.

"Don't you fucking da-" Adam was yelling when the line was cut off. Elora sat there with her mouth open. Reliving what just happened over and over. She changed clothes and drove to the station as fast as she could.