Play for me

Rosie stood at her locker at the end of school day with her two closest friends, Margaret and Leyla, listening in on their conversation. "My grandma once told me that if you walk through the forest that's on the outskirts of town, you can hear someone playing the violin," Leyla said to both Rosie and Margaret. This comment had seemed to capture Rosie's attention, never before had Rosie heard of this story.

Normally Rosie would block out her friends stories because they were usually about parties, which is something that Rosie never got involved with. Finally, there was something brought up that she was interested in. Rosie had an odd interest in things that weren't particularly "normal" according to her friends.

"I've heard the same story! Except my mom told me about it, have you ever heard about it Rosie?" Margaret piped up with her nasally voice to sometimes drove Rosie up a wall, but she couldn't due much. Rosie only had these two friends and they've been around since the fifth grade when they stood up for Rosie.

To Rosie, that day was just like yesterday. All the boys and a few girls were picking on Rosie because at such a young age, Rosie always wore dark clothes and her hair was as black as a raven. It didn't help that Rosie's eyes were also so dark that they appeared to be black and her skin was so fair that she burned easily. They all thought Rosie wasn't human, they called her a vampire and chased her around the school yard with water bottles filled with "holy water" as well as chasing her with sticks trying to stake her through the heart. Margaret and Leyla were the only ones who tried to stop it.

"Rosie?" Margaret called out to Rosie when she didn't reply.

"Huh? Oh, no, I've never heard of that story before," Rosie responded to Margaret. "But, I think we should go check it out, to see if it's real y'know," Rosie suggested to her friends with a small smile.

Leyla and Margaret looked at Rosie as if though she had gone mad. They knew already that Rosie was different and was into doing things as such, but never before had Rosie suggested them outloud. "Are you kidding?" Leyla asked with a laughing, hoping as if though Rosie really was only joking about going into the forest.

Rosie folded her arms across her stomach with a huff realizing that asking Margaret and Leyla was a bad idea. She knew that they wouldn't take the suggestion seriously. "Yes, I'm serious. If you're willing to, we'll do it tonight and you guys can just sleep over after," Rosie said, trying to convince her friends into going into the forest with her. Her two friends just exchanged glances, both with questioning looks.

"I'll go..." Leyla agreed with some hesitation. Right after Leyla agreed to go, Margaret agreed as well. They both weren't going to let Rosie go by herself. "What if someone is in there though and they come after us?" Leyla asked already in a panic.

With a smirk, Rosie replied with, "we run for our lives." Leyla and Margaret's eyes widened at the idea. Rosie wasn't bother by it because she believe that no one was in there. "Now, go home... Go do something, and I'll come pick you two up at 11:00 tonight," Rosie said as she gave both her friends a hug before leaving the school and made her way to her car.

It would be a short drive home and for the rest of the day until it would be time to leave, Rosie would sit around the house doing mindless activities waiting for the clock to strike 11:00.