The Only One That Matters

Everyone thought I was an average girl. Average short, blonde hair. Average cozy-coloured brown eyes. Average freckles. Average life. I was just a face, littered amoung a croud of teenagres at my small middle school. I had friends, but no enemies. Unless you count our cruel P.E. teacher. I did my homework, got good grades, and I followed the rules. Nobody ever suspected anything.

        I always sat at lunch with my best friends, Elizabugs, Lucy, Tigerlily, Cormac... and him. The one who consumed all my free thoughts, all my empty brain-space. Him, with his sleek, dark hair, sly expression, and always carrying that mysterious sketchbook. His name is Jason.

        I always watched him. Always taking note in my mind of things he likes to do, see, eat, listen to. I must remember all these things, for when he returns my love. One day, I was so sure, he would realise, I, Faith, am his perfect match.

        I was completely sure of that until the day I walked into his- I mean, my favourite coffee shop, the one a few blocks from our school. When I saw Jason looking at the boy, the greasy, mahogany-haired boy, with total infatuation and a haughty expression, I could literally feel the anger bubbling up in my chest. Up, up, up, until it felt like I would toss my cookies right there in the shop doorway.

        I vowed to myself that day, no matter what, I will never let Jason go. He is mine, always mine, and he will stay mine forever. Even if I have to kill someone.

        Jason os the only one that matters.