First Day

Madeline's outfit

Madeline's outfit

I walk into school beside my best friend EJ "First day of Junior year I'm so pumped!" I express a little to over excited. "Chill m&m act cool" I laugh at EJ "I'm already cool" I say jokingly catwalking infront of him. He rolls his eyes and laughs "So" I nudge his shoulder "How are you and NiNi?" I say happily. EJ has been my best friend since kindergarten he's like a brother to me. I was so happy when he met Nini at camp I couldn't go this year because I was having some family issues. Anyways when we hang out he always talks about Nini which is SO cute. I love them together other than the fact that EJ can be a bit possessive."We are fantastic" he says then he starts blabbing on about how they facetime everyday and they hang out all the time. We walk to where Nini and Kourtney told us to meet them. Then we see Nini talking to her ex and a kid with red hair. "Uh EJ maybe we shouldn't go over there" I say and he looks kinda pissed but as we start to walk overthere he leaves. I have to admit Nini's ex is kind of cute. We get to them "Hey girl" Kourtney says going in for I hug we hug eachother "Heyy" I say to Kourtney then I look at Nini and also give her a hug. We talk for a bit then the bell rings we head to our homerooms Nini and I have the same homeroom because it is organized by last name and grade A-L then M-Z. We walk to our homeroom then after the teacher takes role call we get our schedule. Nini and I have History,Math and English. I have chemistry with Kourtney that's pretty much it. We had a small assembly about how we where going to be doing Highschool Musical for this years musical and the new theatre teacher Ms.Jen she seemed cool. Before I knew it,it was already time for lunch. I sat in the cafeteria next to EJ,Nini and Kourtney. I keep seeing Nini's ex staring at her and EJ and he did that all of lunch. I don't understand how you can be that upset about your ex. "So Madeline why weren't you able to go to camp again?" Nini asks interrupting my thoughts "Oh um just family stuff" I say giving a weak smile and staring at my lunch tray picking at my food. The real reason I didn't go was I woke up the morning I was supposed to go to camp to hear my parents arguing again. Up until this point they had argued almost every day. I walk out to the kitchen and hear what they are arguing about "I can't do this anymore I'm filing for a divorce" my mom yelled. I walk out from my hiding spot "You're what?" I say trying not to cry. "Sweetie you um..you weren't supposed to hear that" my dad says "Wasn't supposed to hear what the constant arguing? The screaming while I'm getting ready for camp? You know what I'm not even going to go to camp" I say crying and running back to my room. I couldn't stop crying that whole day. I spent the rest of the summer in my room. My dad moved out but the divorce hasn't gone through court yet. But anyways the bell rings signalling the end of lunch I head to my next class.