f o u r

This Amelia's sounds familiar.

Where did I heard it? Oh! From Lola Eva's diary entry.

That means I'm still near Morrison Residence. And that also means she had been here. This is 1954, so Lola might be 18 years old by now. Same age as me!

If I were to meet her, what could be her reaction? Probably, nothing. She didn't know me yet.

"What do you want to eat?" This guy asked. I realized, I haven't asked him his name yet.

"Ah, some bread or past would do. Thanks." I smiled at him and went to find vacant tables. A moment later, he arrived with the foods in his tray.

"Thank you..." I said while I grab my food.

"So much for the thank you. This is a concerned citizen's initiative. I noticed you're not from here." He looked at me intently. Which makes me conscious.

I remembered I haven't been combing my hair since this morning and my clothes, they're so plain and looks unusual compared to the dresses of other people here.

I wore shorts, sleeveless and flip flops while they wore dresses below the knees, with sleeves and belt. For the boys, their polo that was tucked in their pants was folded up to their elbows.

"You're right. I came a long, long way away from here." I sighed. "Anyway, what's your name?"

"I'm Crisostomo Iñigo Sandoval. And you are?" He referred to me.

"Danielle Iris Morrison." I offered my hand for a hand shake.

He accepted my hand but we didn't shake. He kissed the back of my hand.

Is that how they greet ladies in this period? Awkward. But I feel a tingling sensation in my stomach. Butterflies?

"Can I call you Elle instead?" he asked. Well, Danielle Iris is too long.

"Yes, sure. Can I call you Cris?"

"Haha. I'm fine with it," he smiled again.

Cris, hmm. Crisostomo. Where-? CRIS?! As in Lola Eva's Crisostomo?!

Why did it sink in only just now? Is that the reason why he looked shocked when I approached him earlier? He thought I'm Lola Eva because we have the same features! But why isn't he suspecting now? Did he know were related? I hope he did not.

We finished eating then we went outside Amelia's.

"I'm really grateful for your generosity Cris, I promise I will return the money as soon as possible." I said with all due gratefulness.

"You're welcome," he smiled again.

Everytime he smiles, his soft features enhance a little more. I just noticed. And he has dimples right below his eyes.

"But I'm afraid this is only how far I can take you. I have to go back to the stables."

"It's okay. I understand. So. . . goodbye," I waved him goodbye.

Now, were should I go? And how on Earth will I be able to go back to 2014?!

As usual, I walked and walked in search for answers.

My feet brought me at the back of the Church near the town plaza. A guy and a girl were talking privately. I know I shouldn't be eavesdropping but I'm curious! I feel like I know them.

"Crisostomo, I told you we shouldn't be seeing each other anymore. Why are you here?"

"Minerva, I want to ask you this last question. You wouldn't see me ever again."