Chapter 10

I took in a gasp of air the moment I were alive and well again. I picked myself up off the ground, despite that I was still trembling and hadn't gotten full consciousness yet. It took me a while to stop wobbling and get my vision back, and the moment I could finally think straight I was on a beach of a very large city that I was unfamiliar with.

Where am I? What happened? Where's... where's Kei!? Kei? I thought silently.

Looking around of course there was no Kei; just a very trashed beach full of damp clothes and trash. People really don't know how to take care of one simple environment.

Remembering what had happened before I ended up here, I remember me and Kei never tied our wrists together or anything like that, so it was no wonder he was nowhere near me. For all I know, he could be on the other side of the earth by now.

I started talking, even though there was no one to talk to except myself, "Ok ok. Kei isn't here right now, so i'm all on my own... I hope he's ok... of course he's ok he's an ajin like me. Even if he were shot or torn apart he'd still be alive and running." I began just arguing with myself and I knew that was the time to start thinking serious. I had to find my way around, finding a way to get back to Kei and somehow be useful in taking down Sato.

"Alright, I gotta do something. Think Y/N, think..." I thought for a bit.

Something felt strange though, like maybe I was reborn. I didn't feel like I was thinking like myself. I felt like I was thinking like I was someone else entirely, even though I wasn't sure at all how that could be. I could guess one thing though, and that was a new memory that I somehow unlocked.

It was the memory, of an old man about to give me a good hard punch. I never remember that ever happening to me though, and I didn't recognize the man either. The man looked similar to Sato, but It had to be some coincidence.

Although, my new way of thinking was probably for the better. I finally got something, and I look around the beach at the clothes left behind by litter bugs. I take a look at all the clothes available and I find the perfect ones. A black sweatshirt with a hood and a colorful scarf, and I chose to throw them on.

Sliding on the sweatshirt full of sand and sun bleached, same for the scarf, I keep the hood on and cover as much of my hair as possible in my hood, making sure it wasn't like the elephant in the room. I next put on the scarf around my hood since I didn't think I would take off my hood, and I wrapped it around and keep my mouth and nose covered. I didn't do this to keep warm though, it was already a hot enough day, I did to hide my identity so that when I go into the city I wouldn't be noticed as the latest found ajin. Me, Y/N.

Finally finishing up my clever disguise, I dive head first into the city, looking for my next move.

==================================================================

Walking into the city, was the oddest it could get. Only ajin could see it but black figures were everywhere no matter where you'd look, it was beginning to feel unsettling but I kept my cool before I end up making a scene. They all spoke in repeated words. "Shut up!", "don't hurt me.", "Glad you could make it." they said, and the last part made me freeze on my feet, and caught my attention entirely. So, I listen.

"I'll tell you what the real rendezvous point will be from now on." is what one said. He was clearly telling this to all ajins, and I could only guess this was Sato's work. The black figure told me a location, which was a strange one at that but it sounded like it could be a private location. Still not looking at the black figure, and standing up straight on the sidewalk of the city.