Chapter 5: Meeting the Stranger

Sunday 8:30 a.m.

I woke up, Damon was right on my side. Damon was still asleep. I looked out to the cool air as I turned on my other side. I stared at Damon as he slept. He is so cute while asleep. I noticed he has little freckles on his face.

I remembered our conversation last night, I felt sad for him. Then again, I felt sad for me. I wish I could of told him more about Tom. Tom, I thought again. I wish he was back, even though he said he wasn't. Now that Damon is here in my life, I think for once again I could be happy.

I was deep in thought when I see Damon's eyes open. "Morning beautiful." He said and smiled. I couldn't help but smile also, "Morning." I said back quietly and looked back at the sky, it was beautiful, then I feel arms around my waist and Damon's head on my shoulder, and he kisses my cheek, "ohh Damon, whats going on here?" Alix said looking at me and winking and I laughed and Damon got up and ran after Alix who ran back into the house.

Damon walked back to me, gave me his hand and I pout "Do we have to?" I whine, "Yes darling you do, and don't give me the adorable face." He said as he picked me up bride style and set me gently on the couch. I sat on the couch with my legs sprawled out on the couch, Damon picked up my feet and sits down laying my feet on his lap.

We heard someone knocked on my door, "Come in!" I said, it was my Grammy, who came in with breakfast.

I pulled my phone out to see what time it was, 8:58am. We all ate our breakfast and then another knock on my door.

Alix gets it, its Blake, I run off the couch and hug him "I thought you were leaving last night!" I said as Blake hugged me back picking me off the ground. "Now I'm staying till around noon." Alix, Damon, and Heaven looked at me, wondering who the person I was hugging. I turned to them full of smiles, "This is my older brother Blake, guys." After introducing everyone to Blake we all sat around telling jokes and funny things.

After about 2 hours, Heaven and Alix had to go home, and then Blake ended up leaving because he got called to go to work early. Damon and I sat on the couch, cuddling and eating M&M's. We were in the middle of watching tv when Damon asked, "Who is Tom?" I turned to look back, "Um... just a friend, who passed away over a year ago..." I said quietly. Damon just nodded "Ohh... I'm sorry... I know what its like to lose someone you love and are close to." he said kissing me. We continued to watch tv.

I started daydreaming again. "Babe I was your boyfriend and imaginary friend." Tom says looking at me and smiling. I smiled back and winked. "Shhhh" He gave me the sad face. "You know what, I miss kissing your perfect lips, and hugging you. It kinda sucks because I can't feel anything anymore and I miss you the most, beautiful." Tom said as he blows me a kiss as I catch it. "I know babe and I miss you the most too." I looked down at my wrists, crying, Tom came closer to me, "But its okay if your with him, if your happy, then I'm happy" Tom was smiling and then he disappeared.

Once Tom disappeared I snapped out of my dream and looked at Damon. He looked at me back, I smiled. When I leaned on him, he kissed my forhead.

Then a few minutes later we heard something pecking at my living room window. Damon gets up to see, he sees Max throwing rocks and he goes downstairs as I follow.

Damon opens the front door and he runs after Max, punching and yelling at him to get away. I had to stop him before he killed Max. Max gets up and runs back home, as I stay quiet but happy.

My Grammy comes in, "Here Claudia, go out and get some alone time with Damon. Here is 20 dollars, now go have fun!" I said thank you as we go upstairs. Damon goes into the bathroom to wash up and I sit on the roof, I closed my eyes and dreamed,