Joy Goldy Clents

“I’m Joy Goldy Clents, nineteen of age, I am not joyful, but pure as gold and hard to find, easy to remember and hard to forget. I can see something not visible in your eyes. I’m …”

I pause, release some air and look to everyone in the class, like not a new student, and confidently
continued and smile, “Your new classmate.”

The time went by so fast and the classes have finished, I packed my things and ready to go out, but then three girls blocked my way like they were going to interrogate me with those scanning look on their eyes from head to toe. I smiled innocently at them and ask, “Yes, may I help you?” Waiting for them to respond, “You’re the new student right?” Asked the girl who was the middle of the three, “Yes I am” I responded, “I’m Shayna Louis, the daughter of the principle and the president of
Supreme Student Government here in our school; I would like to welcome you here in University of
Millard.”

Welcoming me and offered her hand for a handshake and patiently waiting for my smooth and white pretty little hand to accept her offered hand.

I shake with her hand and give her an assuring smile that gives her a hint that I’m thankful. “It’s a pleasure of meeting you, we will go
now.” Letting go of my hand and I nodded as a respond, “Let’s go girls.”

Her command to her followers and politely leaving me. I never really wanted to socialize with people especially those people who flaunt their thing because they are like puppies ignored by their owner seeking for attention. I left the room and planning to go everywhere here in the campus to familiarize and of course to know something about my new school.

My parents decided for me to transfer new school whether I like it or not. We need to vacate the place we were living because of too much noise pollution everywhere in that area and to transfer new school that is not far to our new house. My mother doesn’t like noises so we don’t have a choice and transferred to not really that quiet place but bearable.

I don’t want to go home yet so I decided to walk in this school. As I walk to their shinning and new paint hallway, its walls are made of strong rocks that really make the hall in ancient vibe and also their lights that is formed by torches and put in the side of the hallway. The hallway was filled with deafening silence that you will be afraid of making noises.

I don’t like how the hall was filled with silence so I must exit and look for something that I can sit and just observe the surroundings. I sit down with this long silver bench that it can actually fit with six people. It’s fabulous.

There is something interesting about me, I can see, feel, and even talk to spirits that are lost, vague,
and roaming spirits that didn’t find their way, I hate talking to them, they got no jams. This is something unusual but I live with it. I want to help everyone in need even if I sacrifice myself just to
help, I don’t care of living, my hopes, dreams and even my future will be decided by God.

I observe the surroundings and I can tell there are so many people that still want to live in this life
not for them.

Death has ruined their dreams, sad but true. Many just don’t accept their sad fate and remains to be here and roaming around like they were one of us. They wanted to finish their unfinished business here on earth even though they know that will never happen. Life has been selfish to them and death generously giving to people who wants a long lasting life.

In this hot afternoon sitting in this bench I couldn’t feel the heat entering my body, I feel cold for the souls that trying to live like normal people. I look in the sky and close my eyes not to see the pain of those spirits that wanted to live long while the sun is hitting my face to feel me warm and soft.