Chapter 6 - A x Surprised x Assassin

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Hunter X Hunter, nor any of the characters mentioned in this chapter, nor the art above.

* EDITED *

Q - Would you go through with an assassin's training if it means you'll become powerful?

(P.S: I'm sorry for the picture above, I had to XD
Also, Silva is just a mood)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-
-
-

I open my eyes at once and allow my tears to flow silently. 'It was only a dream...?' I think, my head overflowing with too many thoughts. I quickly shake my head and attempt to stand up.

My body jolts in response to my movement once I realize that I'm trapped in-between not one, but two strong pairs of arms. My expression quickly contorts into that of confusion as I look toward the two sources.

I sigh, rolling my eyes and struggle to escape, as I realize I'm being fought over by none other than Gon and Killua. They are both glaring at each other, as if warning the other to back off.

Killua sighs in exasperation as he looks down at me. "Y/N's awake..." Speaks Killua softly, swiftly tucking a stray strand of hair behind my ear.

Gon blushes a deep red as he leans down toward my face, kissing my forehead. Killua looks away angrily, avoiding eye contact with Gon. I smile just a little. Without thinking, I speak. "Aw, Gon you're so adorable!" I gush, reaching up to pinch his adorable cheeks.

My hands are then slapped away by a jealous Killua, who is now using one arm to support my weight. Gon takes advantage of this, bringing me into his own arms.

Gon walks toward a bench just outside the room. He sits down on the bench, lays me down, and gently places my head onto his lap. I smile in appreciation and adjust my gaze to Gon's widened sparkly brown eyes. Gon uses his thumbs to gently brush away my tears from before.

Gon returns my gentle gaze with a confused glance. "What were you dreaming about, Y/N?" Inquires a concerned Gon. 'Should I tell him?' I think, quickly glancing over his innocent face. I let out a small sigh, before sitting up and stretching out my arms. "I actually can't remember..." I lie, pretending to trail off in thought.

Gon's face instantly lights up as if nothing had happened, letting out a little, 'Hm'. "Well!" He begins enthusiastically. "If anything's ever bothering you, just come to me!" States Gon proudly. I return his confident gaze with a sad one, the emotion just barely grazing over my features.

"Are you sure, Gon?" I ask, sadness laced within my voice. Gon gives me a close-eyed, wide toothy grin. "Yep! I'll always be here for you because that's what friends are for!" He states confidently, giving my head a few small pats. I give Gon a look of surprise. "Y-yeah, I guess so..." I say, completely fazed by Gon's innocence.

Gon abruptly stands and proceeds to skip away, filled to the brim with happiness, as always.

"Y/N," Says a dismayed Killua, leaning up against the room's entrance, eyeing me from afar. "Yes?" I ask in response, shooting the boy a questioning gaze. Killua strides toward me, a tiny frown plastered to his face. "Why do you always do that?" Asks Killua, annoyed.

I tilt my head quizzically, allowing my hair to fall over half of my face. "Do what?" I ask in confusion, pouting my lips ever-so slightly. "Doing... doing, that!" Exclaims a mad, blushing Killua, gesturing toward me. I return his statement with another confused glance.

Killua sighs in obvious annoyance, as he stuffs his hands in his pant pockets and looks away with a tiny blush evident on his cheeks. Killua looks back at me and proceeds to sit on the bench.

I sit back down as well, my gaze not once wavering from his face. "Kil, what's wrong?" I ask in a curious tone of voice, breaking the silence.

"You... remind me of my brother, Illumi..." States Killua bravely, gulping and visibly shivering at the stated name. I gasp a little. 'Then this must be Killua Zoldyck!' I conclude, smirking at the situation I'm now in.

'I can't believe I didn't recognize that name before!' I think, mentally slapping myself. "Huh..." I say, standing up. I begin poking at his muscles and inspecting everything from his hair to his clothes.

I smirk mischievously and sit back down, glancing him over again with satisfaction and a little more interest this time. "A Zoldyck, huh?" I ask, my smirk growing at the sight of Killua's surprised face. "How did you know?!" Screeches a stunned Killua, jumping from his spot on the bench to behind me.

Without skipping a beat, I follow his graceful actions, landing more quietly than the troubled assassin due to his brash behaviour. My smirk ceases as my face returns to its average appearance. "I know your brother," I state blandly, shrugging. Killua's jaw almost hits the ground at my bold statement.

"So you're an assassin too?!" Asks a dumbfounded Killua in surprise, looking me over in pure shock. "I guess you could say that," I respond, smirking and shrugging again. "B-but,-" Starts Killua, growing extremely concerned.

Before Killua could edge another word in otherwise, the applicants are all called to un-board the airship, reminding us all to collect our belongings before leaving.

I hum thoughtfully before striding toward Kurapika's room, leaving the stunned assassin to reassess his situation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

°• CHARACTER/CHAPTER NOTES •°
§ • Y/N is secretly just as dumbfounded as Killua is after learning each other's positions' • §
§ • Y/N made sure that Killua isn't aware of his brother's current whereabouts by keeping her answers to his questions simple • §
§ • Gon knew that Y/N was lying to him, but he decided to not pry about it • §
§ • Y/N caught Killua's eye in the first place was because she reminded him of Illumi • §
-
-
-