What is a Memory Palace ?

A Memory Palace is a mnemonic technique that takes advantage of spatial visualization. It associates mental pictures with a location. You store information with a location and it becomes like a placeholder for your memories.

In a memory palace, you make images that is related to the information that you want to store. For example, if you want to remember the 1st element of the Periodic Table, you just have to visualize a wide expanse of ocean with someone drinking it all to stay hydrated. But that is only the first part.

Locations are the essential key for memory palaces. It is the star of the memory palace, it thrives with it. The image that you created with the man drinking the whole ocean, you need to place that image to something tangible or physical. A classic example of this is your bed. Just imagine your bed, and now on your bed, imagine that man drinking the whole ocean there. The ocean is flooding your bed, it's now dripping wet but this man saved it as he sucked it all up and now your bed is dry ! 

Kung kaya mo iyang paganahin sa utak mo then congratulations, you just created your first mental image in a memory palace !

Now this can be used in many instances and the information can even stay with you permanently. As in for the entirety of your life ! Hindi ang astig nun ? Para ka ng isang computer na may unlimited memory !