On the roof

⚠️⚠️Warning! Suicide attempt in this chapter! Be cautious when reading ⚠️⚠️

Eijiro walked over to the hooded figure.

He couldn't believe it. Someone was about to jump, and he wasn't entirely sure on how to help.

He stopped walking a few steps away from the figure.

A harsh wind blew, causing a shiver to travel down his spine. The falling snow melted when it touches his skin.

As far as he knew, this person had been standing up on the roof for a while. It had been snowing for a few days, and the temperature was only dropping.

To Eijiro, it just sounded like hypothermia waiting to happen.

"Be careful near the edge." He warned, "It gets pretty slippery when it snows. I wouldn't want you to fall."

"Mind your own damn business." The voice was so familiar, and it scared him.

"Is that you, Midoriya?" He called out fearfully, hoping and praying it wasn't his friend that stood so close to the edge.

The figure turned around, confirming his suspicions. It was Midoriya, but, he wasn't looking like his regular self.

Tears trickled from Midoriya's eyes. He was biting down on his lip, probably to keep herself from crying. All the color had drained from his skin.

He didn't look like herself.

"Yup," Midoriya sighed, "It's me. I'm not exactly happy about it either."

Eijiro shook his head, "What are you talking about? Are you okay?"

Midoriya growled and clenched his fists. His eyes burned with a wave of sudden anger. "Do I look like I'm fucking okay?" He screamed at the top of his lungs.

"Midoriya," Eijiro started calmly, "Tell me what's wrong. I promise I won't-"

"Shut up!" Midoriya shrieked loudly, "Just shut up. I don't want to hear you say anything about this, because if you think for even a second that I won't jump, then you are sorely mistaken."

Eijiro put his hands up, signaling his surrender, and took a few steps back.

That was the last thing he wanted him to do.

Midoriya was an incredibly smart, sweet, and funny guy. Not to mention how naturally heroic he was. Why would he want to commit suicide?

Eijiro sighed before crossing his arms.

He sniffled and shook his head. More tears fell from Midoriya's eyes. He chewed on his bottom lip as he hunched over.

Eijiro cleared his throat softly. The distressed boy gasped as he looked up at Eijiro. His eyes were wide and glassy.

Eijiro sighed and shook his head, "Midoriya, can you please tell me what's wrong?

Midoriya wrapped his arms around himself and burst into tears. He sniffled and shook his head as he took a half step back. He lost his footing and slipped on some snow. He fell, still in hysterics.

Eijiro gasped and rushed to Midoriya's side, trying his hardest not to sip on the snow, "Midoriya, are you alright?"

"Get away from me!" Midoriya screeched as he shot to his feet, "I don't want your help, damn it!"

"Come on," Eijiro sighed, "Don't be like that, you know I'm just trying to help."

Midoriya sniffled and dusted himself off. He took a few steps back, so his back was to the railing.