Prologue Chapter one: The chase

No cloud was floating in the sky. No impurity polluting the air, and no sound disturbed the peace of this wondrous plain.

Not even the wind dared to blow at the imminent beauty and harmony of this astonishing place. Everything was so peaceful. Everything was so quiet. Waking this beauty from its sleep, none should dare attempt it!

But nothing is as it seems.

Five flashing meteors of light, roaring like the merciless thunder declaring its glory while splitting heaven apart, appeared in the eternal blue sky.

One could count five glowing orbs of destruction. Four of them, Golden of color and flying with elegance while the remaining one was a red devil taking crude routes and painting the sky red with its tail.

They were fighting with each other. The Golden angels pursued this red devil, missing, dodging, charging, ramming. Five beasts against one monster!

But their skirmish in the sky was nearing its end, when the red devil suddenly let out a burst of pure, magical power, flinging the golden lights away and scattering them across the firmament of heaven. It was like a strong wind pushing the leaves out of its way, but the golden lights were not the only ones that lost their balance.

The sudden outburst made the red devil somehow lose his balance too. He struggled against this mighty toll of gravity that was pulling him to the ground, but in the end, he succumbed and crashed into the dirt, creating a shock wave that traveled across the vast land of this infinite plain.

After the crash, silence again became the sole ruler of this region. But after the dust decided to reveal what was hidden, a crater appeared and from it, a man emerged, throwing silence from its fragile throne with just simple steps taken on the soft soil!

This devil wore some tight high tech body armor made from some black material. It had a shiny black alloy and this battle wear consisted of several layers of what looked like a mixture of black glass and steel. His head was also engulfed in his armor, the only difference was those red lights, being somewhat of a visor from which the devil could look through.

He looked behind him, up at the sky. The golden lights began to catch their balance again, charging in his direction.

The devil in black armor became agitated, but he ha no time to escape because one golden light was faster than the others.

He had to react fast because this light moved at tremendous speed, but just before it hit him, a black, broad shape appeared in his hand, slicing right through this holy appearance.

Blood was shed as the light was cut in two halves. But blood not only touched the ground. What ought to be some black shape appeared to be a large, black broadsword, reflecting the light from its black shining surface. From this blade, the blood of the bright golden star dripped, sullying the soil with his iron of life.

While he stood there, the remaining three lights came closing in. One after another stopped in front of the devil, threatening him with their golden presence. But they did not attack. They just hovered there, frozen in place, statues of holy nature. Then, suddenly, out of each light, a person stepped forward. They all appeared in sacred white robes with golden shoulder pads. A golden sun crested on their puffed chests, while their eyes were brimming with the light of magic. They wore bronze mitres with golden ornaments. Silver masks were covering their eyes. Each of them held bronze staffs and each staff had one little golden sun on their tip. All of them had this sort of angelic look to them. Like they were not of this world, but as I said, nothing is as it seems...

"Give up, scoundrel! Lay down your sword, and get on your knees, maybe we will let you experience a painless death, heretic!" Yelled one of the four angelic-looking men to the black, red devil.