XII

Dungeons

'I'm not. Do you think I'm stupid enough to help them after what they did to us?' He replied infuriated.

'What do you mean help them? Help them with what? Why were you seen with them in Apollo's house? Stealing his artefacts.' I questioned him. I didn't know whether I could trust him.

'I had to help them. I didn't have a choice. I'm not working with them, but I needed information and the only way to get it was to help them.'

'And take the fall for it? That's the only reason they used you, to put the blame on you. I knew you were an idiot but come on Max?! If Hades decides to condemn you to Tarus, I won't be able to stop him. What could be so important that you had to put your whole life on a line?!'

'There will be an attack on Olympus. The Titans, they're preparing for war.' I clenched the bars harder.

'What are you talking about?'

'The Titans that attacked our family, they're back. They want power and they won't stop until they get it. That's why I went with them, because I needed to know what they had planned. I wanted to warn the Gods.' He looked desperate, which made him somewhat believable.

'Max. If you're lying to me, I won't be able to protect you. You know that.'

'I'm not lying. I swear. ask Hades he has our mothers necklace he knows about the attack. I know that we have always been taught that Titans are evil but just like humans there are the good and the bad. You need to find Star, she's one of them she can help you find proof and she can warn you before the first attack. Evelyn, you need to leave. There is no way of telling when the first attack will commence and if you stay you will get hurt.' My mind was overloaded with information. I knew I had to talk to Hayden about this.

'I can't just leave keeping the Olympus, Earth and the Underworld at peace is my job. I can't just leave them behind without a warning I need proof to be able to tell Hades and he can prepare for the attack.' My Phone began to ring and Hayden's name popped up on the screen. I could feel my chest tighten as I hung up the call.

'I need to go. Hades is looking for me if he finds out that I'm here I will lose my job. I will try and find Star and I will come see you again whenever I can.' I turned around without a goodbye and made my way up to the elevator. The face of the Titan that attacked us when we were kids was buried in my brain, I couldn't even imagine what would happen if he found me again. Tearing down the Olympus with me in it would be the cherry on top of his cake. As the doors opened Hayden was standing right in front of me. I quickly stuffed my phone into my pocket, hiding that I had it with me.

'Where have you been, I thought I told you, you weren't to leave your room until I said so.' His bossiness always made me want to retaliate with my stubbornness, but I've began to find it flattering and cute. He cares.

'I decided to go for a walk, I feel perfectly fine. You don't need to worry, just let me come back to work.' I replied with a smile, but he continued to look serious.

'Miss Lockwood, you can't walk around without an escort I thought I made that clear when we signed the papers. You're well-being is at most important and you seem to keep finding ways to get yourself in danger. I would hate to break my promise to your uncle or see you get hurt.' He replied folding his arms over his chest.

'Like I said I feel perfectly fine can I please come back to work, I have nothing to do here. I was sent here to do work. Please Sir I promise I will stay out of trouble.' I begged, batting my eyelashes like a child. I could see his shoulders loosen up and he began to give into me.

'Fine. We have a new case to work on. Does Dorian keep all case files from previous Titan attacks?' Does he know? Max said he knew. Maybe he was right.

'Has there been an attack?!' I asked alarmed.

'No. there has been several sightings of Titans on Earth, Olympus and Underworld breaking into God's houses and stealing their artefacts. This behaviour usually indicates that they are preparing for an attack. They use the artefacts to give their weaker Titans more power, so they are prepared for battle.' Hayden explained as we began to walk along towards my room.

'I can go back to earth and get all the documents that you need.' I replied. I've missed Dorian and his stubbornness. I missed seeing people.

'No. I want you to stay right here. I can't risk letting you go alone when Titans are roaming the Earth. I will get in contact with Dorian and ask him if he can send the files to my laptop. I will need you to look through them and find as much information on the new Titans and who they might be. Maybe if we find out who is behind this, we can predict their attack.' Hayden seemed determined to find who the Titans were and predict their moves, without any real evidence that they would attack. It felt like he had been in the room with Max and I, recanting our entire conversation.

'Okay, I will get my things and meet you in your office.' I replied, nodding along and making my way to my room.

'Thank you miss Lockwood.'