Chapter Two

"Good morning, Madame." he smiled as he walked his way to the dining room. "Good morning Uncle and Auntie," he continued.

"What's with the formality, huh?" I asked while still eating.

"I need to show my respect to you, Miss, you know." He grinned.

"Ugh, Stephan! Stop that!" I demanded.

"You two look really cute together. Both of you are childish." My mom chuckled and my dad nodded, agreeing to what she just said.

I brushed my teeth right after I finished eating. Stephan was chatting with my parents when I entered the living room. My parents treated him like a son. He could also stay here overnight whenever he wanted to. In fact, he had his own room in our house, the same as I had in theirs.

"Bye Mom, Dad," I uttered while kissing them on their cheeks. "Stephan, shall we?" I led him to the door.

"Yes, Ma'am." He saluted. Is he never gonna stop that?! Ugh!

He opened the door of his car for me. "Like, seriously? You're always gonna do this?"

"As long as I wanted." I just rolled my eyes and went in. "Ha ha. I know you're not used to this kind of stuff but you should get used to it now. You said you'll help me. Now, I am training myself to be a gentleman so that when Samantha becomes my girl, I could do this to her." He winked.

I didn't say anything, not because I was speechless, but because he closed the door and got himself into the driver's seat. He talked about the plan while we were on our way to school. He looked so excited. The last time I'd seen him like this was before his first love broke his heart. I hope this one would not do the same to him. They don't know how much he'd suffered.

"I am happy for you," I said sincerely. He'd gone through a lot. He deserved to be happy.

"I know you are. Thank you for always being there. You're the bestest best friend in the world!" He said, pinching my left cheek with his right hand while his left was operating the steering-wheel.

"Ouch! Hey, stop." He stopped, still smiling while focusing his eyes on the road. "Is there such a word called as best-est? Ha ha. You're really poor in grammar." I chuckled.

"That's just to emphasize how much greater you are than that of the superlative degree, you nerd!" He laughed.

"I'm not nerd, you jerk."

"Dork!"

We used all the synonymous terms we could think of until we reached school. He parked the car on his parking space since it was where he always parked his car.

"Geek," I said as he looked up, thinking of a word to say, but he gave up.

"Okay. You win, as always." Disappointment was traced when he said that.

"Don't you worry, best friend. You might win her, maybe." I encouraged him, gesturing at Samantha using my chin while walking with him with my right arm on his left shoulder.

He stopped and looked at me. Placing his hands on both of my shoulders, he muttered, "Right. We should, no, we must do everything to get her."

"That's the spirit. Let's go?" We ambled along as we talked of random things until we reach the classroom.

I was listening to the teacher when my classmate from behind poked me and gave me a paper.

---

Toinette!

Later, during our break time, help me. :))

Lots of Love,

Stephan ❤

---

I rolled my eyes. Was he really that excited that he couldn't stop himself from reminding me? This boy is really in love. I looked at him and made an 'okay sign' using my hand.

"Hey! Hurry yup! She's gonna come over here," he demanded.

"Tell her to wait till I get this done." I let out a laugh. "Relax, okay? And I'm. . .done!" I smiled as I placed his big love letter in Samantha's locker.

I saw him walk along in the same direction where Samantha and her friends were headed like he was one of them.

I also opened my locker and immediately went on like I was looking for something which I actually wasn't.

He went near me and dragged me to somewhere farther away from the locker area.

"High five! Whew! That was close. Great job, best friend." A broad smile was plastered on his face.

"No problem. But, you have to buy me chocolates and ice cream for that. Please," I pleaded with my lips pouting.

"You don't have to do that. Of course, I will treat you. Maybe it's the reason why you're sweet, best friend. You have a high tolerance for sweets," he said while we're walking.

I laughed in a sarcastic tone and, "You're so corny, Stephan. You're only telling me this because you still need my help."

"No, not at all." He defended. "You really are sweet, I swear."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and we strolled back to his car.